Monday, August 27, 2012

Jamie the Perpetual Page-Turner's Wedding


Earlier this month I went back to the States to attend my friend Jamie's wedding. As most of you know, Jamie blogs at both The Broke and the Bookish and The Perpetual Page-Turner. We started meeting up for bookish events and conversations at IHOP when I was still at Swat. I can't imagine how she runs two blogs, organized her wedding pretty much singlehandedly, and still has the time and energy to remain one of the sweetest, nicest, and most considerate people I know, but that's what she did and that's what she is.

The wedding took place at the First Baptist Church in Doylestown, PA. You could totally tell Jamie planned every detail, from the yellow flower decorations to Vitamin String Quartet playing as the bridal party walked down the aisle.

I took many pics but my camera has been moody ever since I mashed an orange into it last Christmas (there's really no more story to it than that), so unfortunately lots of these pictures aren't as clear as I would have liked. But look closely, and you'll see some beautiful expressions that would make even the most stone-hearted sigh and swoon...


He liked it so he put a ring on it.

First kiss as husband and wife! *CUE THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE AND SQUEALS*

They walked out to Hall & Oates' "You Make My Dreams." What more perfect song could they have picked? How could anyone not love that song?

I love the way they look at each other here.

The reception was subtly bookish. Check out the table decorations!
Jamie even gave us (us being me and April of Good Books and Good Wine, plus a whole table of British male soccer coaches) the quote from Paper Towns by John Green!

April of Good Books and Good Wine, Jamie, and me, representing the bloggers. (We missed you, other bloggers!) I apologize for the awkward arms: I can never get myself to actually do the sorority girl hip thing.

It was, hands down, the best wedding I've ever been to. The music freshened up centuries-old wedding traditions and got everyone smiling and dancing; the reception offerings (literary table decorations! A Photobooth!! Open bar!!!) were thoughtful; and the atmosphere was just genuinely fun, and loving, and real. Jamie outdid herself with all her planning, and I'm so, so happy I got to be there for her special day.

15 comments:

  1. <3333 A MILLION HUGS.

    I am sooo happy and thankful you were able to come. You have no idea. I started crying a little the day before the wedding when talking to Will about how excited I was to see you! And then when we were greeting every row I kept making remarks about how I was going to completely freak out and jump you once we got to your row. lol

    LOVELY LOVELY recap of the wedding. Subtly bookish? Totally what I was going for! And FUN! Which I think happened!

    I cannot wait until we can sit down at IHOP once again and chat for hours and laugh and talk books. Will would appreciate it also because a) I always complain about not having my bookish bff around b) he's sick of listening to me about certain topics I know you'd appreciate.

    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGHHHH loved this recap, thanks for sharing! I was so bummed I couldn't make it but it looks like you guys had a blast. And Jamie looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too cool! Looks and sounds like a great time went down. Congrats to the lovely couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. Thanks so much for posting these, Steph. So happy for Jamie & Will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are GORGEOUS! I wish I could've been there with you ladies. You guys looks so pretty <3 AHHHHH I love you, Jamie, and all the pretty bookishness of your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! THIS POST IS SO ADORABLE. I love it. :-)

    I think we were really lucky to get to be there on Jamie's special day.

    Also? I agree with you on how awesome her wedding was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie looks beautiful and her new hubby is very cute indeed! So jealous you got to celebrate her wonderful day with her! I wanna cry she looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update! She's so beautiful and it looks wonderful...so happy for her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Thanks for the pics and such.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! I knew I should have crashed this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wedding looks absolutely GORGEOUS. I love all the special touches that Jamie added to her wedding, especially the integration of some bookish things. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like such a fab time! Love when book blogger friendships transcend to real life :) Absolutely love all the yellow, and the bookish centerpieces are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this post made me smile SO big! Loved all the photos and Jamie (and the wedding) looked absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...