Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cover Lust (33)

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
(Harcourt / May 8, 2012)

What a lush, colorful, and evocative cover this fairy tale retelling has! I think my favorite part might be the shockingly pink flowers near the top: little splashes of spirit-lifting color.

The Selection by Kiera Cass
(HarperTeen / April 24, 2012)

I feel like there's been more and more a trend of full-bodied (or at least not faceless) girls in pretty dresses on YA speculative fiction covers recently. I'm not sure how I feel about this girl's dress, but I love the funhouse-mirror-esque effect going on behind her! This cover is so shimmery and alluring.

Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
(Margaret K. McElderry / Sept. 11, 2012)

Am I... is that... can I believe my eyes? Is that really a strong and beautiful POC female on the cover?!?! Wow. Wow wow wow. I love the lighting, and the smoke, and the translucency of the title, and of course I love that model, a thousand times over. Be still, my trembling heart. (But really, on the inside I'm screaming, "I want this in poster size on my wall!!!!")

The Jade Notebook by Laura Resau
(Delacorte / Feb. 14, 2012)

This cover makes me yearn for bikini weather, warm waters, and sunshine. That is all.

Exile by Rebecca Lim
(HarperCollins Australia / May 28, 2011)

Muse by Rebecca Lim
(HarperCollins Australia / Oct. 27, 2011)

Books about angels always get such pretty covers.

-

Which of the above covers is your favorite? Have you seen any covers lately that you're lusting over and that you want to share?

10 comments:

  1. The Selection is definitely my favorite from this list! So awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading The Selection right now. Cover remains my favorite aspect. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white cover for Muse, and the cover for Vessel is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY GOD. That cover for Vessel is freaking gorgeous. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful covers. So many times, the covers are what draw us to the books. Just like the look of food makes a person want to eat, the covers make you want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the cover for The Selection until I saw somewhere that it looks like she's sniffing her armpit. Kinda ruined it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Vessel and Enchanted are both stunning and my favorites of this bunch! I hadn't heard of these yet, but I am definitely judging them by their covers right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I want to love The Selection's cover, I just can't. She needs to eat a burger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that Vessel cover is GORGEOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pretty girls in dresses covers that don't suck! The one for VESSEL is great.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...