Thursday, January 12, 2012

HARBINGER Trailer Reveal!

I don't watch book trailers often, but every time I do watch one, I'm blown away by how professional it is, how like an actual movie trailer. Penguin Young Readers Group has brought to my attention the just-released trailer for Sara Wilson Etienne's debut novel, HARBINGER, for which I helped reveal some original artwork based on the book back in November. Check out how insanely movie-like the trailer is!



Or watch it here: http://holbrookacademy.com/image.php?vid=trailer.

HARBINGER synopsis:
Set in a world in which a diminishing oil supply has lead to chaos and mass rioting, sixteen-year-old Faye is plagued by waking visions and nightmares. Her parents think the only solution is to send her to Holbrook Academy, the creepy prison-like school for disturbed teenagers. When she and her friends wake up on the floor with their hands stained red, Faye has no idea what it means, but fears she may be the cause. But despite the strangeness of Holbrook and the island on which it sits, Faye feels oddly connected to the place. The handsome Kel tries to help her unravel the mystery, but Faye is certain he is trying to kill her –and the rest of the world too.
HARBINGER comes out from Putnam Juvenile on February 2, 2012. Learn more about HARBINGER and Holbrook at the super-thorough Holbrook Academy website!

7 comments:

  1. Wow. That really is a fantastic book trailer...I kinda want to see it as a movie, now, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I'm saying is, I hope this becomes an actual movie. Penguin clearly spent a whole lot of time and effort on this one, so I'm looking forward to seeing if the book is as well-done as the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's a great trailer. It does seem more like a movie trailer. I'm glad publishers are stepping up their game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo, pubs. Judging on the few book trailers I've seen this year, I feel like 2011 is when some folks figured out that not all book trailers need to look like glorified Powerpoint presentations with music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...glorified Powerpoint presentations with music." <-- LOVE this description.

      Delete
  5. Wow.... looks just like a film trailer. Fantastic and I so want to read this now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penguin wasn't involved in the Harbinger trailer, it was all the author and her friends!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...