Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cover Lust (5)

It's been a while since I've done one of these. Today's post has no unifying theme, but they're all gorgeous covers that I'd go gaga for.



Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Bright grass, open sky, a pretty but not over-the-top pretty girl--what more do you want for this absolutely FANTABULOUS third book about D.J. Schwenk. Seriously. Kristin Cashore's blurb on the cover doesn't even cover the half of it (though she's absolutely right). I'm hoping to get my review of this book written over the weekend so I can further share with you how much I love this series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.


Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

It hasn't been published in the U.S. yet, but how wonderful is that cover? I love the flower designs juxtaposed over the actual tree photograph in the background, and the boy's face subtly peeking through translucently. You know that I didn't even realize there was a guy's face there the first several times I looked at this cover? I just thought it was a cool picture of, like, a mountain. Or a rock. Or something.



Oblivion Road by Alex McAulay

This one's color is similar to Finnikin of the Rock. Maybe today's theme is "climate", as these last two certainly have a wintry feel to them (and perhaps that's because it's SNOWING outside?? In October! Ridiculous). I love the sharpness of the details--everything is focused--contrasted with the sans-serif font. That jacket's not all that appealing to me, but this is still a very attractive cover.

So what do you think about these three?!

12 comments:

  1. I like the second two. The first one I'm not sure about. To me, it looks like a memoir or a self-help book.

    I really like the cover for Finnikin of the Rock with all those little flower details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, especially Finnikin. I got Front & Center yesterday, and was surprised how lovely it is in person. Shiny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. They are all nice. I like the first and the last the best. I don't know. It's so hard to choose. I agree though that the first cover does look more like a memoir cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not in lust with the first one but the second one and third one definitely take the cake! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second two. They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning covers! I hadn't noticed it before, but Finnigan's a bit of a hottie :D If my memory serves me correctly, Marchetta's latest book has won all sorts of YA awards here in Oz, her home country. Which is fantastic as fantasy is not an overwhelmingly popular genre amongst Australian publishing houses, though the teens love it and they get their fix from the US stuff. (At least I tend to!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oblivion Road is the best. It's amazing...the colors, the attitude of the girl, the footprints....Someone please frame that and hang it in a museum! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely gorgeous. I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the cover on Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Finnikin of the Rock cover as well. It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background of all three covers. Look at how fresh and comfortable they are. Finnikin of the rock looks very lovely in real life but maybe a bit darker for my taste. And it's huge, you can use it as a weapon :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the Oblivion Road one at the store yesterday and fell in love! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...