Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (36)

Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton


Felicity's no ordinary teen matchmaker...she's a cupid!


Felicity Walker believes in true love. That's why she applies for a gig at the matchmaking company Cupid's Hollow. But when Felicity gets the job, she learns that she isn't just a matchmaker...she's a cupid! (There's more than one of them, you know.)


Armed with a hot pink, tricked-out PDA infused with the latest in cupid magic (love arrows shot through email), Felicity works to meet her quota of successful matches. But when she bends the rules of cupidity by matching her best friend Maya with three different boys at once, disaster strikes. Felicity needs to come up with a plan to set it all right, pronto, before she gets fired and before Maya ends up with her heart split in three. [summary from Goodreads]

I've heard Rhonda Stapleton described as a fantastic and pee-in-your pants, split-your-guts-out hilarious writer, and this sounds like a fun concept that can be made heartfelt and memorable at the hands of a talented writer, so I'm interested to read this! Occasionally I just want a fun and light, but still SMART, read. This one sounds like it could be that, what with a rule-breaking protagonist and a multi-male love snafu. Sign me up, please!

Stupid Cupid is the first of a series, and will be released in paperback by Simon Pulse on December 22, 2009.

And now, back to the hole of hectic schoolwork I go. Sigh...

6 comments:

  1. Never read any of her books, but this sounds like such a fun read. Damn these WoW posts, my TBR pile increases tenfold on days like today along with Sundays. I have a mantra which I say to myslef when ordering books online, it goes like this "step away from the keyboard, close down the web browser" not worked yet, but will keep trying.

    Another fab post as usual =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like something I would love -- and the cover is cute, too! I'll be "waiting" with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds *so* cute. And I totally agree about wanting a fun and yet smart read sometimes. I *love* dark books but there needs to be balance. Oh, and good luck with the schoolwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a very fun book :)

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh schoolwork! Here's an award for you :D http://blackteensread2.blogspot.com/2009/10/award-waiting-on-wednesday-blessings.html
    I definitely agree that sometimes I want a lighter but still smart read. This sounds like the perfect thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I look at this book (well, any of the books in this series) I can only think of one word: cute.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...