Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (48)


Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Keep Your Head Down. Don't Get Noticed. Or Else.


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. One of thousands who work in the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. The Trava family who rules our world from their spacious Upper levels wants us to be docile and obedient, like sheep. To insure we behave, they send the Pop Cops to police us.


So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? Not like it's all that dangerous--the only neck at risk is my own.


Until a lower level prophet claims a Gateway to Outside exists. And guess who he wants to steal into the Upper levels to get the proof? You’re right. Me. I alone know every single duct, pipe, corridor, shortcut, hole and ladder of Inside. It’s suicide plain and simple. But guess who can’t let a challenge like that go unanswered? Right again. Me.


I should have just said no... [summary from Maria's website]

When I read Maria's first book, Poison Study, back in 2009, it completely blew my mind away. Poison Study is now one of my favorite books of all time (as evidenced by how many times it appeared in my 2009 book lists, heh), and even though the next two books in the series were not as strong as the first one, I still greatly enjoyed them. Therefore, I have no doubt that Maria can do no wrong with this dystopian novel (alright, at least I hope so). Plus, that cover is so fantastic. It reminds me of the UK cover of Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, and it should definitely draw in fans of that series. April, come now, please!

Inside Out will be released in paperback from Harlequin TEEN on April 1, 2010.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds great, and I'll definitely be getting myself a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to get a ARC of this and I LOVED it. Her writing was fabulous and the whole premise of the story is so exciting to me. I haven't got around to reading Poison Study yet. This was my first book of her's and I am an instant fan. I bet you will really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the premise for this. It sounds mysterious and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is really cool and I'd love to read this. It sounds so interesting. I've not read any of her other books but it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, I have poison study but haven't read it yet. This one looks really different!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am quite excited for this book myself. It looks like a new world and I can't wait to see what she does with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this book too. It sounds extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice. I just can't wait to read this one. I love Maria Snyder's books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is firmly on my wishlist - gotta love a dystopia. Not sure if it's coming out in the UK but if not I'll be importing for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...