Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (100)

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

London, December 1871
Orphaned and picking pockets in London’s Charing Cross station to support not only herself, but her ‘family’ of orphans, sixteen year-old Tiki steals the Queen’s ring and thinks she’s solved their problems. That is, until Rieker, a pickpocket from the North End, suspects her in the theft and tells her that the ring is really a reservoir that holds a truce between the British and Faerie courts.
When he warns her that the fey will do anything, including murder, to recover the ring, Tiki is unsure whether to believe him or not. To complicate matters, Rieker seems to know something about the unusual birthmark on Tiki’s wrist. But when Tiki and her family are threatened the game changes.
In a dazzling debut that takes you from the gritty slums of Victorian London to the glittering ballrooms of the Royal Palace to the menacing Otherworld, you won’t want to miss this thrilling tale of mystery, adventure and romance.

What more is there to say? I am just bouncing so hard in my seat that I'm practically vibrating with anticipation. The glowing reviews on Goodreads, and that synopsis, and that cover... please please pleeeease be exactly my type of book! *hyperhyper*

The Faerie Ring will be published in hardcover from Tor Teen on October 1, 2011.

8 comments:

  1. I love novels set in Victorian England, like Philip Pullman's Sally Lockart books. This one looks GREAT. Going straight onto my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I am excited for this one as well. I like any book set in Victorian England so this one has been on my radar. I agree--fabulous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds great and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one. Great pick Steph!

    (And look at the pretty cover!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to read this already and I LOVED it. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks fantastic--looking forward to it, too. And I really like the cover! :)
    Mary
    The Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! We had the same WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...