Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (101)

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.

Elisa is the chosen one.

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he’s not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do. [summary from Goodreads]

I'll let you in on a secret: I've been eagerly looking forward to this book ever since I read the synopsis. Fortunately, its cover was recently released, and now I can officially WoW it! Or more like... wowwww it.  Politics and danger and romance and rebellion and courtly life. It sounds epic. I can't wait.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns will be published in hardcover by HarperCollins on Sept. 20, 2011.

8 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this book before, but it's definitely on my to-watch-for list now. It sounds amazing, and the cover's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm not a huge fan of the cover, but I love the sound of the premise (huge YA fantasy fan here). I'll be on the lookout for this one, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good. I love high fantasy but there isn't much for YAs these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds excellent- thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds AMAZING! I've never heard of it before! *runs to add it to Goodreads* (Do you have a Goodreads account? I'm "abackwardsstory" over there ^_^)

    My one complaint? What is UP with titles about girls on fire right now? The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson, and while not a title, Katniss is obviously The Girl on Fire. I feel like I heard a third title recently as well. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard something about this book--well, let's just say a while ago, and I am anticipating it like you would not believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie Su, you never fail to bring new sexy looking books to my attention. WANT!!! This sounds effing incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very hopeful. This sounds like it could be really good. And I'd never heard of it before. Yay for Steph's WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...