Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cover Lust (28)

The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
(HarperCollins / Sept. 6, 2011)

Ooooooh so gorgeous! I love the vibrancy of the cool blues and reds, and I love that it's illustrated. Very, very, very pretty.

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
(Delacorte Books / March 13, 2012)

Kirsten Hubbard gets the cream in YA contemporary covers. The cover of Like Mandarin was awesome and this one stays along those lines, making use of white space and one strong color scheme. Wowww.

Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, Book 1) by Jessica Spotswood
(Putnam Juvenile / Feb. 7, 2012)

This makes my blood hum a little, I think. What lusciousness! I like that it combines the fairy/magic/witch cover art element (wilderness, light pretty dresses, flowers in her hair) with something slightly wicked and modern (the girl's stare).

Everneath by Brodi Ashton
(Balzer + Bray / Jan. 3, 2012)

So it's totally not my type of read, being a paranormal romance, but I can't help my eyes widening at the sight of that flowy dress trailing off into wisps of smoke (!!!). And that pinkish red color is to die for.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cover to Everneath! SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see the Everneath cover I just want to read that book. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picks! I especially love Everneath's cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Wanderlove's cover on Goodreads because of you! LOVE the type treatment for the title, and I really want to read this one. This seems very much up Jamie's (TBTB) alley, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everneath and The Princess Curse are my favorites. So many people think cartoon covers skew too young, but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE The Princess Curse's drawn cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, thank you for featuring my cover, Steph! Eek. I've been reading your blog for AGES, and when this popped up in my Reader I may have shrieked at my husband. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These authors hit the jackpot!!! It's so fun to see great covers!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...