Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (110)

Blood Song (Lharmell, Book 1) by Rhiannon Hart
I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me.

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares? [summary from Goodreads]
I've been following Rhiannon's blog since before she landed an agent, and I am so glad that her book FINALLY sold, and has an eerily mesmerizing cover, and I can WoW it! I am a proud high fantasy fan forever, and so I can't wait to see how Rhiannon tells her story. Hmm, maybe it'll be easier to acquire Australian books over in China...?

Blood Song will be published in paperback by Random House Australia on September 1, 2011.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. This book sounds great! I hope it comes to the U.S. (unless I can convince my former students in WuJiang to send me a copy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before, thanks for bringing it to my attention! The cover is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I'm excited for this book. I feel like I've loved Rhiannon's taste forever, so I know I'll like her book. I was debating whether or not to make this my WoW this week - you beat me to it!

    And as for Australian books, I was able to order Steph Bowe's Girl Saves Boy last year without a problem (well, I paid crazy amounts for shipping but that's to be expected), so hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on this one too.

    AHHHH! Can't wait!

    If you'd like you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover. Loving a main character with the name Z! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this cover! And the title is just so intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, it's coming out in Australia? But the cover is so beautiful! How will I get a copy? :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe that this is just another obstacle that will make the players better in the long run. Author and coach Vera Jones touches on these topics and more in her motivational book "
    Play through the foul" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65z7Yx_8RHA

    You can also live chat with the author tomorrow June 21, at U-STREAM. DONT MISS OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeee! Thanks for WoWing, Steph. Let me know if you have any trouble ordering and we can sort something out.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...