Sunday, July 26, 2009

Interview Me, Interview You

Steph Bowe of Hey! Teenager of the Year started this fun "co-interview" meme. Check out how this works (cuz I hope you'll participate):

Follow these instructions:
  1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (Include your email address if you think I don't already have it).
  2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
  3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
And here are my answers to Steph's questions:

1. Have you ever read a book that’s really spoken to you? Can you tell me about it? (Not in the sense that it suddenly began talking, but something that you could really relate to, and which drew a really powerful emotional response out of you.)

Oh, God, where do I even begin? I'm a leaky faucet when it comes to sad movies, but not so much for sad books. So when a book manages to make me cry, that's very impressive.

When I finished The Sweet Far Thing, the last book in Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy, I felt like I walked around in a cloud of despair and bittersweetness for the rest of the day. I've talked to numerous people who really didn't like how the trilogy ended, but for me, it was perfect in its sad hopefulness and imperfection. It's one of my favorite "imperfect" series endings, and is always something I think about when considering how to write my own stories.

I also recently read The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale, which made me bust out laughing as well as sob nonstop for the last third of the novel. I don't think I've ever read a book that made me sob, and this one was just so well-written, a fun but un-fairy-tale-like story.

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler is not one of my all-time favorites, but there was just something about the main character, Anna, that I could completely relate to. If I were ever placed in that position of loving my best friend's dead brother, I know that I would react exactly how Anna related. I have problems liking people--and characters--who are too similar to me, but at the same time I have trouble getting Anna and her story out of her mind, so eerily alike we are. That was a cool discovery.

2. If you could choose only five movies to watch for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?

Another hard question! The 1995 Pride & Prejudice BBC miniseries (self-explanatory), When Harry Met Sally (love the dynamics and dialogue), 10 Things I Hate About You (makes me laugh every time), Hairspray or Rent (great musical soundtracks that I can sing along to for *gulp* the rest of my life), and the Les Miserables 10th Anniversary in Concert DVD (best musical of all time. Period).

3. If you were a shape shifter, what animal (or inanimate object, if you prefer) would you choose to be the form you could shift into and why?

lol, this is not something I've ever really thought about, but it might be pretty cool to be a ferret-like creature like the form that Lyra's daemon, Pan, prefers to take in the His Dark Materials trilogy. (Wow, that was really specific.) Sleek and pretty, with soft fur.

4. If you were arrested by police, what would it most likely be for?

Illegal downloading. Or falling asleep at the wheel. :/

5. Zombie apocalypse scenario: I want you to have a look around whatever room you’re in, and choose which object you’d use to fight them off if the undead suddenly rose, right this very second.

In the surge of adrenaline that would surely accompany this unlikely scenario, I would probably brandish my three-piece floor lamp. Hee-yah!

-

Sounds fun, right? Just leave a comment saying you want to be interviewed, along with your email address, and I'll send you some questions for you to answer! :D

10 comments:

  1. Ooh this is fun! I love doing these kind of survey things.

    Please interview me!
    infinitemusic19 AT gmail DOT com

    Question: If more than 1 person comments and asks to be interview, do we give them the same questions as we gave the first person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. Meaning i want to be interviewed.


    Please Interview Me
    bookworm8675309@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. interview me!!!

    princessashley9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, I'm in - interviewez-moi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers!

    Interview me?

    stephbowe (at) ymail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH!!!! so much fun!!!

    Interview Me please!

    loved your answers too btw!

    Rachel
    Sunshineedition132@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interview me!!!

    This sounds like fun...

    oo and me and my friends weren't the only ones who got melancholy at the end of The Sweet Far Thing, seriously didn't see that ending!!

    And haha, that's prob what I would be arrested for too :S

    Wdebo :)

    electricalbookcafe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great! Interview me! :)

    journey through books @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the heck. I'll throw my hat in the ring.

    e-mail: rabidfox(at)ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I loved the questions and your answers. Hilarious...three--piece floor lamp..great

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...