Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (73)

Steel by Carrie Vaughn

When Jill, a competitive high school fencer, goes with her family on vacation to the Bahamas, she is magically transported to an early eighteenth century pirate ship in the middle of the ocean. [from Goodreads]
It's about a world class junior fencer who's about to decide to give up fencing entirely, when she's sucked back in time to an 18th century pirate ship, where her swordfighting skills might save her life. [from Carrie's website]

There's not much in terms of a synopsis out there yet, but what little there is promises for an action-packed, romantic, and badass time. I featured the cover a week or two ago in a Cover Lust roundup of HarperCollins 2011 titles, and I stand by what I said then, that this is a stunning, eye-catching cover that will definitely get everyone's attention. And I'm pretty sure Carrie Vaughn will not disappoint, considering how much I loved her YA novel, Voices of Dragons. Really looking forward to reading this one!

Steel will be published in hardcover by HarperCollins on March 15, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Nice pick! I love the sound of this one, and plus that cover rocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I saw this on Cover Lust its been on my TBR list. Can't wait for this ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very nearly my WoW pick this week too. It sounds awesome, and I love the time slip aspect. Definitely want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this looks so good! I've been wanting to read Voices for Dragons, and I'm glad that it's good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, sounds like some hardcore action and adventure! Cool pick. I'll keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks and sounds great! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover, and I love the premise. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...