Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cover Lust (20)

Huntress by Malinda Lo
(Little, Brown / April 5, 2011)

I featured this for my Waiting on Wednesday post two week ago, but I just have to mention it again, because I love it so much. Can we all just take a moment here to appreciate how beautiful and tough this thoroughly Asian girl on the cover looks? I like how the title font is in keeping with the title font of Ash. I hope they make posters of this cover, and I hope I'm somehow able to find one.

Powder Necklace by Nana Ekua Brew-Hammond
(Atria Books / Feb. 6, 2010)

More POCs on a book cover. This makes me so happy. I like how the flower and the gentle pink block of color in the text area subtly complements the picture.

Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott
(July 2011)

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, there might be a slight theme for this Cover Lust post. Basically, yes, this is another strong and beautiful Asian girl on a YA cover, which is so appropriate since this book is kind of like a Cinderella set in Feudal Japan.

Mercy by Rebecca Lim
(HarperCollins / Oct. 28, 2010)

It's simple, but elegant, in my opinion. There's just the right amount of detail to the title font to match intricacy of the girl's feathery dress. Works for me!

Clean by Amy Reed
(Simon Pulse / July 2011)

I like how it complements the cover to Amy's first book, the shocking and powerful Beautiful. I love the "empty space" effect going on, how the girl looks like she's sitting in a fake world.

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
(Simon Pulse / May 24, 2011)

You know me. I can't ever pass up taking note of a book with a high-quality photo cover, with the DSLR foreground focus and background blurriness, yadda yadda photogeek speak. So while this may not sing particularly to you, I just finds that it evokes this feeling of...gentleness. Contentedness. Prettyyy.

-

What do you guys think?! Which is your favorite??

7 comments:

  1. ohh... adding some books to my wishlist! how BEAUTIFUL are those covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like either Shadows on the Moon or Mercy. They're all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE Shadows on the Moon. Second favourite is Between Here and Forever (lovely sunflower!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great covers here. Powder Necklace is a great book too - look for my review the week of Nov 15th if you are interested! (Joining in on a Ghanaian Literature week with Kinna of Kinna Reads.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powder Necklace looks like it will make me sad and/or happy. The hands just look like they'll be separated. I'm such a pessimist! ;)

    The cover of Mercy and Clean are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Clean cover is really...clean. And the girl looks like Leighton Meester.

    I love the cover for Elizabeth Scott's new book, too! Then again, I love everything with sunflowers, so this one is an automatic for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...