Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Mailbox (53)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme inspired by Alea and hosted by Kristi. Check out Kristi's post to see what others got in terms of books this week!

...But before I get to the books, let me just quickly tell you about how my training trip went!

10 days of waking up at 5:30am, swimming for a total of 4 hours per day, plus dryland before our afternoon practices. It wasn't as bad as I had feared, and I'm in pretty good shape now. On one of our afternoons off we went to the tiny island of Culebra, off Puerto Rico proper, and went to one of the most incredible beaches I've ever seen in my life. It looked like this:


And the beach at the hotel/residential community we stayed in wasn't so bad either:


Of course there were the usual stresses and amusements of living with 47-ish other people for 10 days, 24 hours a day, and how tough it was to swim 4 hours a day on a lack of sleep and overworked muscles and joints, but I love my teammates, so that made it bearable.

Here I am with the rest of the senior girls on the team:


I love us.

Now, onto the books! I haven't done an IMM in more than a month. This explains the epic explosion of books in this post. Nothing, however, explains how lucky I feel to be able to review some of these incredible books.



For review:
A Time of Miracles by Anne-Laure Bondoux
The Inheritance Almanac by Michael Macauley
Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
The Beginner's Guide to Living by Lia Hills
Choker by Elizabeth Woods
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
Loser/Queen by Jodi Lynn Anderson
The Girl Who Was On Fire by Various Authors
Rosebush by Michele Jaffe
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver
Teenie by Christopher Grant
The Princess of Las Pulgas by C. Lee McKenzie
Wishful Thinking by Alexandra Bullen
Trackers, Book 2: Santorian by Patrick Carman
Gemini Bites by Patrick Ryan
Clarity by Kim Harrington
Num8ers, Book 2: The Chaos by Rachel Ward
Pod by Stephen Wallenfels
Chasing AllieCat by Rebecca Fjelland Davis
Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Book 2: Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
The Girl Who Became a Beatle by Greg Taylor
The Running Dream by Wendelin van Draanen
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
Timeless by Alexandra Monir
Daughter of Xanadu by Dori Jones Yang
Real Live Boyfriends by E. Lockhart
Badd by Tim Tharp
Tutored by Allison Whittenberg
Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Warped by Maurissa Guibord

From Around the World Tours:
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell

Won:
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney

Gifted:
Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick

Bought:
Feed by Mira Grant
Heist Society by Ally Carter
The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

Swapped:
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah Maclean
Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl
Must Love Hellhounds by Charlaine Harris, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, and Meljean Brook
Geist: A Book of the Order by Philippa Ballantine
The Reawakened by Jeri Smith-Ready
The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
The Clockwork Three by Matthew Kirby
The Fall by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
The 10p.m. Question by Kate De Goldi

22 comments:

  1. FEED is so good. SO GOOD. Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing books; I'm slightly jealous of some of them!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh ~ that water just looks brilliant! I feel exhausted just reading about all your swimming.

    so looking forward to all your reviews.

    out of all this stash ~ I am most excited for ten miles past normal. i can just feel i am going to love that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH, those pictures are just GORGEOUS!! I soo want to be on a beach right now!!
    Looks like some awesome reads too :) And i know this sounds silly but Paolini needs to stop churning out picture books/encyclopedias and finish the freaking series! :p

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! And gorgeous photos- how I wish I could be on a beach right now.

    I see some great books in that pile! Loser/Queen, Other Words For Love and Wishful Thinking? Awesome stuff, doll! :)

    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures! And AMAAAZING books this week! Enjoy them all. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Step! I love all the books! Lucy! Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous beaches, book piles full of awesome...what more could a girl want? Amazing mailbox. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures, it looks like you had a good time :D

    Lots of fantastic books too - happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Word! That is one heck of a list! Amazing haul ... even for a month! I hope you enjoy them all.

    Love the photo's :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are incredible! They definitely have me dreaming of spring break as we speak. The beaches looked beautiful- I'm glad you had a good time. On to your mailbox- you have some awesome books. I hope you enjoy them. As usual, I am looking forward to all of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh Feed. :) I hope you enjoy that as much I enjoyed it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much gorgeousness (and I'm not even talking about the books, though they too are looking mighty pretty)! Sounds like you had a successful and enjoyable trip. What a wonderful pile of books to come home to too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great training trip--and what a gorgeous view!

    Plus, you're books are so epically awesome I don't even know where to start. You've got some great titles there, enjoy!

    My IMM is here, if you'd like to check it out: http://christitheteenlibrarian.blogspot.com/2011/01/in-my-mailbox-17.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so many books!!! hope you enjoy them all!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that beach is beautiful!! I would have never left - dumb real life bringing you back :P

    Where She Went was fantastic! Hope you enjoy all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two words, Steph: WOW and AWESOME!

    Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad your training trip went well!!

    And wow! That is an amazing amount of books... you'll have tons of books to keep you busy for awhile!!

    Happy Reading!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Books and travel. What better combination could you possibly have? I so appreciate being among such a great selection of new YA novels. Thanks and I look forward to hearing what you think about all of the books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pictures are lovely and your mailbox is lovelier! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just finished "Warped" last night. It was wonderful! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    I'm jealous of your mailbox...so many books I'm dying to read!

    Memento Nora, The Princess of Las Pulgas, possibly Num8ers (just snagged book 1 from library), Clarity, Enclave(!!!!!), Timeless

    ...still have to read Trickster's Girl myself. Mockingbirds was one of the Best of 2010 :)

    ...such great stuff! What a nice gift to come home to after an already-amazing trip! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...