Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (95)

My Not-So-Still Life by Liz Gallagher

Vanessa is wise beyond her years. She's never really fit in at school, where all the kids act and dress the same. She's an artist who expresses her talent in the wacky colors she dyes her hair, her makeup and clothes. She's working on her biggest art project, and counting the days until she's grown up and can really start living. That adult world seems closer when Vanessa gets her dream job at the art supply store, Palette, where she worships the couple who runs it, Oscar and Maye. And she's drawn to a mysterious guy named James, who leads her into new, sometimes risky situations. Is she ready for this world, or not? [summary from Goodreads]

A few years ago I stumbled across a slim YA gem called The Opposite of Invisible. (Also, that was back in the day when I wrote 4-paragraph summaries and one-paragraph reviews, so please excuse the review's youthful unhelpfulness.) Ever since, I have constantly kept one eye out for Liz Gallagher's further writing, so I'm excited for her next book to come out! She has a way of writing quirky, relatable, and utterly sympathetic characters. Her books may never be that long, but "less is more" definitely applies to Liz Gallagher's writings!

My Not-So-Still Life will be published in hardcover from Wendy Lamb Books on May 10, 2011.

6 comments:

  1. I just added this to my goodreads. I love the colorful cover and it sounds like a really cute read! :) Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I added this book to my to-read list on goodreads awhile back. It looks really good! and I love the colors on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I've never heard of this one, but I'll have to add it to my TBR list. I love the title of this book--it reminds me of my favorite old school angst filled TV show--My So Called Life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cover. So looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That cover is almost exactly like The Fold by An Na.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...