Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cover Lust (13): Pretty New Covers!

I know I, like, just did a Cover Lust post... but this one is more like a collection of all the amazing, jaw-dropping, heart-stoppingly dead-beautiful covers that have been scampering across my Goodreads dashboard recently, and I couldn't resist, I just HAD to put them all in one place for me (and you, if you would like) to drool over whenever I need some visual therapy!

All links go to Goodreads.


The Fallen by Thomas Sniegoski
(Simon Pulse / March 9, 2010)

Whoever designed this cover totally had to have understood the "sex(y)" appeal of the Hush, Hush cover. The guy's not bad looking, but I love more the strong lighting, the use of powerful shadows. This one stopped me in the bookstore, and if I weren't so wary of angel books, I think I might've bought this just on its cover alone.


Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams
(Simon & Schuster / June 22, 2010)

Carol Lynch Williams is perhaps most well known for her book The Chosen. This one is her upcoming novel-in-verse. Very different, yes, but how can you say no to that cover? The careful attention to light and appeal of the effortlessly contrasting colors reminds me a bit of the covers for Jacquelyn Mitchard's Midnight Twins series (which I'll probably do a Cover Lust post for in the future). Hopefully this book will be better than that series, though...


Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
(St. Martin's Press / Sept. 14, 2010)

Another angel book, another debut author. Again, I'm wary about the angel aspect, but again, did you see that cover? Is it not omigod-worthy? Does it not make you want to buy a super high-quality color photo printer so that you can print out it out, poster-size, and stick it on your wall?


Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
(Bethany House / July 14, 2010)

This was my Waiting on Wednesday pick for this week. Another cover that I want to, er, fall asleep staring at. I burn, I pine, I perish! The colors, the detail, the light!


(HarperCollins / Nov. 2, 2010)

Jillian always gets achingly lovely covers. I really enjoyed her sophomore YA novel, The Life of Glass (I haven't read The September Sisters yet, but it's on my TBR shelf!), and so I'm interested in this one, her first adult novel. I just love the bright, girly colors of this image.

-

Although what is up with the mediocre title/author font choice and placement in the last few? Gorgeous photos, yes, but they should really take care not to make the text look like someone stuck it on there with the most basic Photoshopping skills.

17 comments:

  1. Wow! those covers are amazing and all these books are new to me! I am going to have to run and add them to my wish list! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these covers! And I'm glad there are more angel type books coming out - I'm loving them. Halo is probably my favorite with the lighting and those wings are kick butt! I really like how simple The Transformation of Things is but I would definitely grab it from the shelf. Thanks for sharing these! I now have more to add to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Glimpse cover is perfection. I felt warm just looking at it. Great selection Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these, especially Halo and Glimpse (very excited for that book!).

    I'm still waiting for my copy of The Fallen to be dispatched from Amazon. *cries* It's one hot cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Transformation of Things has a gorgeous cover--I love the soft colors and lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, more great covers! I saw Halo for the first time this week and it's definitely one of the most beautiful covers I've seen in a while! I hadn't seen The Transformation of Things before, but it has really sweet, peaceful tones. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Glimpse cover!

    I think I'm in the minority about the Halo cover though. It's pretty but it looks so flat. *is odd*

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new cover of The Fallen looks great. I had passed over this book before because I didn't really like the old cover. Has anyone seen the ABC show based on The Fallen? It has hottie Paul Wesley from the Vampire Diaries in it! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice covers, I especially love (and want to read) Heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already like like like the cover of Heartless but I swear I can stare at The Fallen for hours without ever getting bored! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These covers are stunning! I love the angel ones - it's a bit of a fetish of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those covers are wicked! I do love the one of Halo, that one is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Halo is gorgeous. I much, much, much prefer the wings in that one to the wings in The Fallen, which look a little costumey to me. Glimpse is nice (yay! more verse!), The Transformation of Thigns is pretty and girly, but Heartless ... the bloody looking colors scare the bejesus out of me and make me a little queasy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I preferred the FALLEN original covers. http://www.sniegoski.com/fallen/fallen4final.jpg

    They were just so striking!

    HALO's is beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heh. I'm with you on the cover for Heartless. I could just stare at it for ages. Can't wait to find out if the insides match the out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cover for Glimpse! I'm pretty sure the photo was taken by Olivia Bee, a teenage photographer on flickr. Her photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful covers!! Although the cover to The Transformation of Things is kind of generic looking.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...