Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (61)

The Sorcerer of Sainte Felice by Ann Finnin

I was only an apprentice. I swear it. By all the angels in Heaven.
Fourteen-year-old Michael de Lorraine has been condemned to death by the Holy Office for sorcery. But just as the flames threaten to consume him, Michael is saved by Abbot Francis and granted refuge at the Benedictine monastery of Sainte Felice. Michael learns that this strange and wonderful place, famous for its healing wine, harbors renegade monk-sorcerers, enchanted gargoyles, and a closely guarded secret: Abbot Francis is the great Seratois, exiled Grand Master of the Fratres Illuminati.
As the church intensifies its cruel efforts at justice, Abbot Francis and the brotherhood are in grave danger. Michael will do anything to protect his mentor, but are his powers great enough to save the monastery from the merciless, bloodthirsty Inquisition?
Blending together magic, miracles, and historical details of life in fifteenth-century France, this unique fantasy offers a vibrant portrayal of one boy's journey of faith.

Doing my WoW post this week a few hours early because I am waaaaaaay too tired from schoolwork to write up a more complicated post. But back to the matter at hand. Doesn't Flux always have amazing sounding books? This sounds grand, and like it could be good. This one just sounds so sweeping and grand, an epic in the making. Plus, it's by a debut author. I think I'll buy this when it comes out, and hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds!

The Sorcerer of Sainte Felice will be published in paperback by Flux on June 28, 2010.

6 comments:

  1. This one does sound really good, I'll have to add it on y list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed Flux comes out with many awesome books. This one does sound really good.

    But one thing is bugging me. The guy on the cover. He looks like an actor and I cannot think of who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this does sound interesting! Not something that I'd normally pick up, but you've sparked my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting. Looks like historical fantasy maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound good, and you're right about Flux: they're publishing some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really sound good and full of mystery..Will keep on my radar.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...