Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (59)

Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Princess Una of Parumvir has come of age and will soon be married. She dreams of a handsome and charming prince, but when the first suitor arrives, she finds him stodgy and boring. Prince Aethelbald from the mysterious land of Farthestshore has traveled far to prove his love--and also to bring hushed warnings of danger. A dragon is rumored to be approaching Parumvir.
Una, smitten instead with a more dashing prince, refuses Aethelbald's offer--and ignores his warnings. Soon the Dragon King himself is in Parumvir, and Una, in giving her heart away unwisely, finds herself in grave danger. Only those courageous enough to risk everything have a hope of fighting off this advancing evil. [summary from Goodreads]

So I've kind of been on a dragon kick lately. I read Carrie Vaughn's Voices of Dragons over the week and loved it. Then I went to see How to Train Your Dragon in the movie theatres with a friend--and don't laugh! It is SO good. Needless to say, I've been getting all excited over dragons. I'm even considering rereading Robin McKinley's The Hero and the Crown, which I absolutely do not have time to do right now (I can barely do any review reading, at this point in the semester). Which goes to show you my love for all things dragon.

Anyway, even if I weren't on a dragon kick, will you just take a look at that cover and tell me that is not an extraordinary piece of art? That cover is ohmygoodness deserving of being poster-size and hung on my wall. Plus, this story just has an old-fashioned fantasy quest feel, which I've kind of been missing. I definitely want to check this book out when it comes out!

Heartless will be published in paperback by Bethany House on July 1, 2010.

11 comments:

  1. Heartless sounds amazing! And it's coming out in paperback, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartless is like a fairytale, and sounds really good! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good! I'll have to add it to my list! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that cover is just lush, and the would love amazing as a poster!! I've never actually read a book that had dragons in it, am I missing out? it seems that I am. Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do like the sounds of this - dragon and romance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great choice! this was my pick a while back and I really want to read it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover! I love what it symbolizes. And don't worry - dragons are cool. I like them too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! The cover is amazing! Total poster worthy I agree! Dragons are awesome. You should totally read the Pern series. I believe the first one is called Dragons. I think...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cover, and you're right. It does sound very good. (And I LOVED How To Train Your Dragon too!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...