Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My Mailbox (68)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme inspired by Alea and hosted by Kristi. Check out Kristi's post to see what others got in books this week!

I think my bookish fortune has no bounds, because this is the second week in a row that I'm able to participate in IMM, thanks to the astounding generosity of Macmillan Publishing and Rachael of The Book Muncher, who interned there this summer and made Christmas in July ACTUALLY FREAKING POSSIBLE. (Well, sort of. Minus the appearance of a jolly fat white man dressed in red crash-landing into my apartment.)

For review:
Prized (Birthmarked, Book 2) by Caragh O'Brien
Without Tess by Marcella Pixley
The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas
Amplified by Tara Kelly
When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
Various Positions by Martha Schabas

Yes, so you see, it did snow ARCs in Shanghai this week. I'm out of my mind with excitement at these lovely (physical!) books. Prized, of course, goes without saying, as I have been waiting for this sequel since I gave Birthmarked 5 out of 5 stars (y'know, back when I was doing ratings) last year. Donna Freitas can't disappoint, and as for the others, I feel so lucky that I have the opportunity to read them in ARC form!

So once again, a heartfelt thank you to Rachael, Caragh, and others at Macmillan who gave me this lovely gift. Can't wait to start reading these! (Eeeeeee!)

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic books this week. Various Positions and When the Sea is Rising Red both look especially interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I've heard of Various Positions! Wanted to read that one.. :)

    Here's my IMM! http://wp.me/pAblM-lB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Various Positions looks great... I love the cover. It's beautiful!

    Hope you enjoy these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! The Survival Kit and Amplified look especially good.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great IMM! I'm curious about Amplified!


    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Steph,
    I'm so glad PRIZED reached you!
    Here's hoping all is well with you in Shanghai.
    Take care,
    Caragh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul! :) All the books sound great, I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading. :)

    My IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books, especially When The Sea is Rising Red! Happy reading, and I look forward to reading your thoughts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover of When the Sea is Rising Red is simply gorgeous *.* And super creepy. Have fun eating/reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a nice list of books this week in your mailbox. Amplified looks like a good book.
    I hope you like your new books,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for books in Shanghai!! I hope that you enjoy them all.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas in July, Steph! YAY AMPLIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what an awesome stash ~ all the way in China :D

    i expect donna and tara;s books will be awesome. and am curious about the tess one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had no idea Birthmarked was a series. How did I not know this?

    Great haul. Happy reading!

    Here’s what was in my mailbox last week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME haul! Enjoy it!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-monday-11.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...