Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In the Philly Area? PAYA Festival This Weekend!

To those of you still lucky enough to be in the Philly/Delaware/Jersey area, the second annual PAYA Festival is happening this weekend! PAYA, or Bring YA 2 PA, is a nonprofit initiative started by the incredible teen blogger Skyanne of Harmony Book Reviews to raise money for Pennsylvania public libraries. The PAYA Festival brings together YA authors, bloggers, aspiring writers, and just plain readers in a wonderfully cozy and exciting in a one-day event featuring author signings, writing workshops, book raffles, and more. Its coziness is the main reason why this was one of my favorite book events that I attended last year. I'm sad I can no longer attend, but that just means that more of you should go and support YA!

2011 PAYA Festival
Saturday, August 27, 2011
12:00pm - 3:00pm
1585 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA 19380 (Google Maps here)

View Larger Map

A partial list of authors attending:
Josh Berk
Cyn Balog
Jeri Smith-Ready
A.S. King
Dianne Salerni
Shannon Delany
Shelena Shorts
Ellen Jensen Abbott
Alissa Grosso
Jennifer Murgia
Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
Sarah Darer Littman
Amy Holder
Keri Mikulski
Chelsea Swiggett
April Linder
Leah Clifford

Yeahhh, that's why you don't want to miss this event, if you're in the area. Check out the event's Facebook events page for more details or to RSVP! I had a blast last year, and I promise you won't be disappointed. :)

Here are some pictures from the awesome time I had last year:
Skyanne setting up signs to the site.
Most of the authors who attended the 2010 PAYA Festival.
Some bloggers at the 2010 PAYA Festival: Chelsea (blogger turned author), me, Kristi (The Story Siren), Skyanne (Harmony Book Reviews), James (Book Chic Club)
Will you be a part of this great event too? :)

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited I get to go this year! It timed out perfectly with my drive out to school, so we just added an extra day to the drive.

    that's a shame you're not going this year =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such an awesome event. I wish I lived anywhere even close to there, but sadly I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm moving into West Chester that day! I'm so close, yet so far away because I'll be busy unpacking. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could go.. this is literally SO close. But, I have work all day :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to miss you sooo much. It's just seriously not going to be the same without you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...