Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (113)

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. [summary from Goodreads]
When was the last time I read a YA contemporary love story that truly blew me away? I... I can't remember. But despite this book's slightly melodramatic premise, and the fact that the last Jennifer Smith book I read was alright but didn't completely impress me, I still have high hopes for this book, especially some of my favorite British bloggers, like Jenny and Carla, have nothing but praise for it. (How did they get to read it so early? I'd like some of that!) This is the sort of thing I always find myself wishing would happen to me when I'm having a day when nothing is going right. Oh, travel woes, how I empathize.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight will be published in hardcover by Poppy on January 2, 2012.

10 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds cute, thanks for the spotlight, I'm gonna add to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title's font, it screams contemporary. I've heard some awesome things about this one too. Awesome pick :D

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely excited for this one too. I agree that it has been awhile since I've been blown away by a powerful contemporary read. This one sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking forward to this too, especially since it's contemporary. And the cover is awesome, too.

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be one intens read since the span is no more than 24 hrs. It sounds good and I'm liking the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this title! Personally, I don't believe in love at first sight, but a book that talks about it? I'm in. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have intrigued me! :adds to to-read list:

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my most anticipated books of 2012! It sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this book till now... but it sounds great! SO adding this to my to-read list :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...