Thursday, August 20, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Nominations!

I... I'm... I... I don't really know what to say. I'm kind of shaking. Also, my brain is a mess and has been because I swear this disgustingly hot and humid weather messes with my vibezzz. But seriously, guys: five BBAW nominations? FIVE???!!!??? [Edit 8/21: six now. SIX! *faints*] I'm absolutely bowled over. You've stolen my words. I can't thank those who nominated me enough. This is a great honor, both for me and my writing, and I can only hope that I don't disappoint you in the selections process, and that maybe--hopefully--I will make it into the shortlist for at least one of these categories.

I was nominated for the following two niche categories:

Best General Review Blog
Best YA Blog

Each nominated blog can only be shortlisted in one niche category, and since my focus is really on YA, I'm flabbergasted at the General Review nod and will try to dig up from the mound of archives any non-YA reviews I've done for that category (lol).

I was also nominated for the following categories:

Most Humorous/Funniest
Best Reviews
Best New Blog

Best Reviews?!?!? ZZZZZINNGGGGGG!!! (That's the sound of me electrifying myself out of the seat of my chair.) Wow! I'm not quite sure I understand the Funniest nomination; I figure the funny part is probably the part where I was nominated for that...? :) Just kidding. Anyway, THANK YOU THANK YOU. This is absolutely incredible.

[edit: 8/21] Just got a last minute email saying I was nominated for Best Writing! Ahhhhhhh!

I have to select 5 posts to send in for the judges' consideration for each category. The posts may overlap. I'm going to spend most of my free time today and tomorrow going through my posts and trying to find ones I think are most representative of me and my blog, but if you guys have any particular favorites that you think I should send in, LET ME KNOW, PLEASE! (Particularly for the Funniest one. I have a feeling that's going to require me unearthing my narcissistic side and rereading every single one of my posts, to find that elusive "funny."

Anyway, if you're interested, I'll probably be updating this space numerous times between today and tomorrow as I gather my posts, so feel free to chime in with your suggestions anytime!

And here is the BBAW meme, which reads like a brainstorming of a thank-you speech at certain points. Whoops. What can I say? I love every opportunity I get to give thanks to you guys.

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?

Easy question: meeting authors, other bloggers, readers... just being able to meet all these YA lovers! I've been reading YA since my middle school days, but this is the first year I've actually been able to find people with whom I can have a conversation about Sarah Dessen, or talk about how super nice Michelle Zink is, or how we all have a fangirly crush on John Green... and they know what I'm talking about!! Being part of the YA blogging community has made me continue to read and write YA in the face of scarily academic and "classic" college readings. It's like I was homeless and I didn't even know it... until I came into this community and found people who share my love of YA. It's utterly incredible.

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

Lenore has been there since the very beginning, commenting even when I was a wee little blogger just starting up. I don't know how she does it, how she manages to keep up her fantastic blog while simultaneously making friends and commenting and encouraging EVERYWHERE, but I thank her for doing it. Jenny and Thao were two of the first bloggers I befriended, and I still love them to death for being so sweet and talented. If the world suddenly shrank one day, I'd love to be able to find them in the melee that would follow. (Hehhhhh.)

I've also made a bunch of blogger friends whom I'd love to get to meet in person one day: Brooke, Beth, Aerin, Alyssa, Lizzie, Donna, Khy, to name just a few. The list of authors whom I've gotten to talk to is perhaps even longer, and they simply make my day. Thank you all!

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

I'm not sure what to ask because I feel like this year's BBAW is already so different than last year's in terms of volume and attendance! I guess I'm curious about what new blogs you discovered as a result of last year's BBAW. I'm primarily YA, and am curious to see what other book review blogs are out there.

For more information about Book Blogger Appreciation Week, check out their website/blog HERE!

26 comments:

  1. Squeee! I might have had something to do with the best review nom. Don't ask me about it I won't tell! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I know I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Steph! You totally deserve all those nominations =) Definitely rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph,

    I nominated you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the five nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Isn't it exciting?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Steph! You definitely deserve it :) I was nominated for a few too, and it is the craziest, coolest thing ever!

    Personally, I'm a fan of your Genesis review - that's one that has always stood out to me. I'll see if I can think of any others for you.

    By the way, we're expecting copies of Stolen in at work next week - yay! You'll finally be able to read it!

    Oh, and love you too dude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! You deserve all those nominations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! Thanks for the shout-out. How do I do it? By spending WAY too much time on the computer. But hey, it's worth it :)

    And your blog was definitely one that figured into my noms! Good luck picking posts. I am working on that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great news. Your blog is definitely awesome, and it's one of a few that inspired me to start blogging. Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations - I look forward to your reviews. It's nice to see you getting the recognition your posts deserve !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on all your nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats. Five noms is huge, but you definitely deserve it. I love your blog! And Lenore is the superist awesomeist encouraging blogger ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo! Congratulations, you sneaky lady! :) I know I nominated you for something, but my brain's a sieve and I can't remember what! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to Steph. You should be proud of yourself for all the hardwork. Have fun picking the posts, it's gonna be tough I think since you have many good posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your nominations, it's very well deserved! :D I really love your blog and I'm not surprised that others do too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on all your nominations, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoo hooo! I love your excitement. Congrats on the nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's so awesome! Congrats and best of luck :) You so derserve all the nominations. I liked your post about the final Liar cover. Best writing maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...