Monday, August 3, 2009

Wish List - August 2009 + 12-Hour Read-a-Thon

Another month, another bunch of books I found that I'd love to read. (See my wish lists for June and July.) Authors/publishers, if you'd like me to review any of these, I'd be more than happy to! Fellow bloggers: got one to trade? Let me know and I'll see if we can work something out. Thanks!

[Note: Titles linked to Waiting on Wednesday or other related posts if available.]


Amulet Books
Troy High by Shana Norris (Aug. 1, 2009)


Bloomsbury
Liar by Justine Larbalestier (Sept. 29, 2009) Thanks, Anna! - review here
Magic Under Glass by Jackie Dolamore (Feb. 1, 2010) Thanks, Sharon!
The Mark by Jen Nadol (Jan. 2010) Thanks, Cecelia!

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough (Clarion / Sept. 14, 2009) Thank you, Jenny! - review here
Fallen by Lauren Kate (Delacorte / Dec. 8, 2009) Shelf Awareness ad - review here
A Pearl Among Princes by Coleen Paratore (Dial / Sept. 17, 2009)

EgmontUSA
Epitaph Road by David Patneaude (Mar. 23, 2010) NCTE
Stealing Death by Janet Lee Carey (Sept. 8, 2009)

Evil by Timothy Carter (Flux / Aug. 1, 2009)
The Miles Between by Mary Pearson (Henry Holt & Co. / Sept. 1, 2009)

Houghton Mifflin
Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan (Oct. 19, 2009) Thanks, Ari!
Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (Oct. 19, 2009) - review here

Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda (Hyperion / Sept. 1, 2009)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Random House / Oct. 6, 2009) Shelf Awareness ad - review here

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate (Razorbill / Nov. 12, 2009) Thanks, Beth! - review here
How to Steal a Car by Pete Hautman (Scholastic / Sept. 1, 2009)

Sleepless by Thomas Fahy (Simon & Schuster / Aug. 11, 2009)


Simon Pulse
The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols (Oct. 6, 2009)
The Hollow by Jessica Verday (Sept. 1, 2009)
Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick (Oct. 20, 2009) Thanks, Lauren!



12-Hour Read-a-Thon

Ashley and Lexi put together a 12-hour read-a-thon this past weekend, the rules of which are slightly different than other read-a-thons in the past. Basically, I just had to read 12 hours between Friday night and Sunday night. Now, normally this would've been no problem; however, I probably didn't make the 12 hours due to things such as the weather and mood swings. I finished one book, Ivy league, Book 3: Rites of Spring (Break) by Diana Peterfreund. The following are books I read parts of:

Candor by Pam Bachorz (EgmontUSA / Sept. 22, 2009) - to page 175
Rampant by Diana Peterfreund (HarperTeen / Aug. 25, 2009) - to page 149
Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer - to page, like, 40 before I stopped for good

So yeah, I didn't do too well. On the bright side, I made a day trip to the Jersey shore and got some sun! (Finally!)

How have you guys been doing on reading recently?

12 comments:

  1. I want Sleepless, Nothing Like You and Liar too. Those sound perfect. And good luck with your 12 hour read a thon~!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the books on your wishlist are on my too! They all sound good.
    Troy High is really good.


    I didn't hear about the 12 hour read a thon, i totally would've participated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I really want to read Troy High and Sleepless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying for Magic Under Glass and The Mark too! They look awesome. (And psssst, that's not the cover for the Mark anymore. I dunno if you knew. xD They're changing it because another book has the exact same picture, but different colors and fonts. Jen's getting a new cover soonish I think. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices :) Sleepless and The Maze Runner look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *cries* Troy High was one of the books I got at BEA that got stolen :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many good books.
    Need. More. Time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read Troy High. All of those books look good! Sigh. There are so many YA books that never make it into my store..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I have a couple of those. I plan to read THE MAZE RUNNER soonish, so if I get done before I make my trip to the states, you've got dibs on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I want to read some of those too! ><

    Stop by my blog for it's first blogversary bash! Lots of giveaways and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's up Steph Su! I can probably get you an ARC for my book (THE MAZE RUNNER). Shoot me an email: dashnerjames at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Well, I see you got a better offer :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...