Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (25)

The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols

Summary from Goodreads:

BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE BATTLE OF THE EXES...

Hayden and Nick used to be a hot item, but their brief affair ended with a highly publicized break-up. Now the two are “just friends,” excluding the occasional flirtation.

When Hayden wins the girls’ division of a local snowboarding competition, Nick is unimpressed, claiming that Hayden wouldn’t have a chance against a guy. Hayden calls Nick’s bluff and challenges him to a head-to-head boarding contest. Their mutual friends quickly take sides, the girls on Hayden’s and the boys on Nick’s, making for an all-out battle of the sexes. This friendly competition is bound to get heated--and if they’re not careful, they might end up igniting some old flames.

If I'm in need of a light, fluffy read, I do not hesitate to reach for some Jennifer Echols. Her books are genuinely funny (something other Simon Pulse Ro-Coms often fail to manage) and sweet, and her characters go beyond the usual romantic comedy stereotypes. So far, I have not been disappointed with any of her books that I've read, and this one's synopsis promises to be equally cute and equally well-written!

The Ex Games will be released in paperback by Simon Pulse on September 8, 2009.

11 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for this one! I've loved Jennifer Echols' other books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute- seems like you are hitting up some real light summer reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies - I was really hoping the new Harlequin Teen series would be similar (and funny!). I've never read any Jennifer Echols, but I'll have to give her a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really fun and cute. I love the Simon Pulse Rom Coms. :)

    You can see my Waiting on Wednesday here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound fun. I really like romantic comedies when it comes to movies, so maybe I should give the book equivalent a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rom-coms are great, so I'll have to look out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness-I love this author! I'm right ther with you-she's quality romance, not those other junky Simon pulse ones. I cannot WAIT for this book! :-D
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. never read her - may have to take a look ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good - I'm always up for a fast-paced romance :)

    Also, I've nominated you for a blog award - check it out here: http://feedyourimagination.blogspot.com/2009/08/lemonade-award.html.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a fun read. I will keep a mental note of Jennifer Echols' name. =) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Going Too Far so I'm really looking forward to this book too :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...