Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

From Goodreads:

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

Holy cow. Oh holy, holy, holy... It has a certain Mitch Albom (The Five People You Meet in Heaven)- and Alice Sebold (The Lovely Bones)-like feel to it, doesn't it? Plus, you should read what power-YA authors such as Carolyn Mackler and Jay Asher have to say about Before I Fall on its Amazon page. Can it get any better than that? I mean, without gushing: seriously?? I have a feel that Lauren Oliver's debut book will be the next big thing in YA lit, and now I'm all the more excited for when I get to read it.

P.S. You should all check out Lauren's blog here. And no, I'm not making some sort of paid service announcement; it's because Lauren is about 45 kinds of wonderful and her writing is really that interesting to read. So step on it!

Before I Fall will be published by HarperCollins on March 2, 2010, and oh my goodness, I just realized that is more than half a year away. Darn.

12 comments:

  1. Excellent choice! This book is on my list. I hope I'll be lucky enough to get to read it soon.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome. Can't wait for March. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing! It's on my wish list now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for this book as well. I love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Long wait away!

    See you tonight, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sounds deliciously mysterious! Great pick; definitely adding this one to the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this. It sounds so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! THis was my waiting on Wednesday too!! Cant wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so buying this! Darn the Feb release date!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully I can get to read this one. It's just so great. It reminds me of a movie I saw the other day but more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOT! I am reading this the first week of September for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds great! Adding it to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...