Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (24)

Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

Nimira is a music-hall performer forced to dance for pennies to an audience of leering drunks. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to do a special act - singing accompaniment to an exquisite piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumours abound about ghosts, a mad woman roaming the halls, and of Parry's involvement in a gang of ruthless sorcerers who torture fairies for sport.

When Nimira discovers the spirit of a dashing young fairy gentleman is trapped inside the automaton's stiff limbs, waiting for someone to break the curse and set him free, the two fall in love. But it is a love set against a dreadful race against time to save the entire fairy realm, which is in mortal peril. - summary from Goodreads

Oh mah goodness. So I think I first heard about this book on Rebecca's blog, where I was instantly attracted to its cover and the story, which promises exotic locales and characters, magic, love, music, and danger. Needless to say, even with all the several dozen or so Tenners' books coming out next year, this one stands out as one of my most highly anticipated. That cover and synopsis will hopefully be enough to get me through the long and cold, anticipatory winter! :)

Magic Under Glass will be published by Bloomsbury on February 1, 2010.

What are YOU waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. ooh interesting... cover looks awesome.
    Here's my WoW post: http://heyteenager.blogspot.com/2009/08/waiting-on-wednesday-hostage-by-karen.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The synopsis does sound intriguing, and the cover's really entrancing as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great one! Gorgeous cover! Currently dying for the 3rd instalment of the Morgan Rawlinson series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this one too!! I almost picked this one this week, but thought I'd wait since it won't be out for awhile. It looks so amazing though doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we definitely have wonderful taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, hadn'theard of this before. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this does look good. (I'm sure it will work really but I love the idea of her falling in love with a piano. It's like authors have gone 'well we've had goblins, elves, fairies, vampires, zombie etc as love interests, now we'll have to trap a love interest into an inanimate object!' It could work if done well though...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WOWed this today, too! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to Jackie's book! The automaton aspect is just too awesome to deny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm waiting for this one too! Love all the different aspects in it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piano-playing automaton? I am *so* there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my most anticipated releases of 2010. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pick, that sounds really good, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't kill me.. I have an ARC of this one.

    I will let you know how it is!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...