In My Mailbox was inspired by Alea and memefied by Kristi. Check out Kristi's blog to see what others got in terms of books this week!
I had a pretty good past two weeks! Lots of books I'm excited about. Will have a general picture today because hunting for individual covers and synopses is rather time-consuming, buuut this one's respectably pretty. I had to play with the exposure a bit so that there wouldn't be an ugly flash glare on the library books.
- Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 2: Playing With Fire by Derek Landy - I think they realized they forgot to send me the second book when books one and three came two weeks ago, or the second one just came a little late? So thank you for that, John Michael!
- When the Whistle Blows by Fran Slayton - thank you, Fran!
- The Waking: Dreams of the Dead by Thomas Randall (Bloomsbury / Sept. 29, 2009) - I'm reading this now and it's quite good!
- Pastworld by Ian Beck (Bloomsbury / Oct. 27, 2009)
- Forest Born by Shannon Hale (Bloomsbury / Sept. 15, 2009)
- Lady Macbeth's Daughter by Lisa Klein (Bloomsbury / Oct. 13, 2009)
- The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones (Walker Books / Sept. 1, 2009)
The Bloomsbury books are all thanks to the fantastic Anna!
- Geektastic by multiple authors (not pictured)
- Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder - Maria inscribed the inside with an awesome sea-blue pen, and since I love Maria's books, this one is going to be one of my most treasured possessions! Yayyy! *hugs*
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - a big, fat fantasy for long vacations away from the computer. :)
- Amor and Summer Secrets by Diana Rodriguez Wallach
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson
- The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks - I love the first page when I picked it up. Now to find the time to read the rest of it...
- The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke - comes with Yan's blessings
- Gifts by Ursula K. LeGuin
- Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles
- Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert - I have a valuable signed and personalized ARC that I'm never giving up, but I wanted to support Stephanie, AND own an actual copy with the lovely cover.
- Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey - YAY! Of course.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Again, of course, haha. I finished it, enjoyed it. You might notice that in the picture that's only the dust jacket. The book is on loan to a friend of mine who's also a Hunger Games fan... :)
Borrowed from the library:
- Libyrinth by Pearl North
- Love Is the Higher Law by David Levithan
- Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
- Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson - I LOVED THIS BOOK. LOVE. LOVE. LOVED. How many different ways can I say that?? Well, you should pick it up. Also, I'm never disregarding any book Meg Cabot recommends and/or blurbs as long as I live. Seriously, the woman's got amazing taste.
I'm super excited to read all of the books I got these past two weeks, and am looking forward to seeing what you guys got!