Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (38)

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway


Three sisters, three extraordinary, life-changing powers!


I hugged my sisters and they fit against my sides like two jigsaw pieces that would never fit anywhere else. I couldn’t imagine ever letting them go again, like releasing them would be to surrender the best parts of myself.


Three sisters share a magical, unshakeable bond in this witty high-concept novel from the critically acclaimed author of Audrey, Wait! Around the time of their parents’ divorce, sisters April, May, and June recover special powers from childhood—powers that come in handy navigating the hell that is high school. Powers that help them cope with the hardest year of their lives. But could they have a greater purpose?


April, the oldest and a bit of a worrier, can see the future. Middle-child May can literally disappear. And baby June reads minds—everyone’s but her own. When April gets a vision of disaster, the girls come together to save the day and reconcile their strained family. They realize that no matter what happens, powers or no powers, they’ll always have each other.


Because there’s one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood. [summary from Goodreads]

Oh my gosh. Robin's first book Audrey, Wait! pretty much defined my year when I read it in 2008. I laughed uncontrollably at nearly every page of the book, and Audrey's parents are still some of the coolest parents I've come across in YA literature. Now, finally, there's some news about Robin's upcoming book, and it sounds so cool! Very different from Audrey, Wait!, but I hope it still has a lot of Robin's trademark humor and characterization. Plus, the title and the cover are both awesome. Yippee!!!

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June will be published in hardcover by Razorbill on August 3, 2010.

8 comments:

  1. This reminds of Charmed. You know the whole power of three and sibling thing? I like it! Haven't heard of Audrey, Wait! Sounds like I should give that a go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, great pick!

    Like Becky said, this reminds me of Charmed too. Which is good, since I loved that show.

    I've been meaning to read Audrey, Wait for some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick - I'm definitely waiting for this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted this book since I heard the title. I wanted it even more when I saw the gorgeous cover. Then...I read the synopsis. It was a long journey over quite a few months, but it still ended in me
    WANTING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW.
    Seriously.
    I love Robin Benway. She's amazing and her writing is just incredible. I can't wait to read it (plus it comes out either on or at least around my birthday next year - so win win if I get an early birthday present of it. lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good! I haven't read anything by Robin Benway before but I love the sound of this. I love how the girls' powers correspond with the way eldest, middle and youngest sisters often are naturally. Fascinating premise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds like a good storyline to me. Neat cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this definitely sounds great! Such awesome names too :) Wonderful pick

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH! I got so excited when I saw mention of Audrey, Wait! -- I didn't study the cover long enough to see it was by Robin Benway! And now, of course, I see that it's due out in August :( Oy. I'll definitely be waiting on this one right with you -- Audrey, Wait! was awesome, and I love novels about sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...