Saturday, December 25, 2010

Guest Book List #6: Kristi of The Story Siren on Overlooked Books

This next blogger needs no introduction, so I'll just let her take the floor!



First off I want to thank Steph for having me. Steph is one of the few bloggers that I absolutely have the upmost respect for as a blogger and more importantly a person. So, I am honored that she would invite me to be a part of her blog.

I loved the lists that Steph did last year and I was ecstatic that she invited me to stop by and share a list of my own! (I usually do a "Top Ten" list of my favorite books for the year on The Story Siren, which I will probably do again this year. Just in case... these lists aren't enough for you!) For my guest list here at Steph's I'm going to highlight the top five Young Adult titles that I think were overlooked. The books are ones that totally "rocked my socks" off, but I don't really feel that they had the exposure that they deserved. Add these to your reading piles, I promise you won't be disappointed! These books are in no particular order.

Overlooked YA

Split by Swati Avasthi
This novel tackles a very serious subject matter marvelously. It’s very emotional and very well written.

Not that Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
A contemporary fiction with a very memorable main character and an atypical romance.

A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
This novel was hauntingly beautiful. I was even more impressed because it was a debut novel. If you read one novel on this list, read this one.

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
This one isn’t as serious as some of the other titles on the list, but that’s what makes it so great. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much reading a novel. Hilarious.

The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez
This is a historical fiction. I learned so much reading this novel, but I never felt like I receiving a lecture. It was a beautiful story.



Thanks, Kristi! Be sure to head over to Kristi's blog at The Story Siren.

Back to: Master List | Pt. 1 | Pt. 2 | Guest List #1 | Pt. 3 | Guest List #2 | Pt. 4 | Guest List #3 | Pt. 5 | Guest List #4 | Pt. 6 | Pt. 7 | Guest List #5 | Pt. 8 | Guest List #6

7 comments:

  1. I keep hearing many, many wonderful things about Not that Kind of Girl. As well as A Match Made in High School. Can't wait to get my hands on those books!

    Thanks for the picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! A Match Made In High School was one of my top reads of 2010. Definitely one everyone needs to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking these back to reviews! Not-so-surprisingly, I'm unfamiliar with most of these "underrated" reads. Now I'm so anxious to read The Red Umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT THAT KIND OF GIRL is going on my to-read list right now. Cool post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see A MATCH MADE IN HIGH SCHOOL made this list :) I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved both A Blue So Dark and The Red Umbrella. I recently purchased Split and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved A Blue So Dark. :) I read it because of Kristi's review.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...