Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (93)

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.
Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her. [summary from Goodreads]

Everything about this book screams, READ ME, STEPH! From that epic cover, to the dystopian premise, to the slight hint of romance that does not overwhelm the rest of the premise, to the mention of something special about Lucy. Wow.

Ashes, Ashes will be published in hardcover by Scholastic on June 1, 2011.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

And can I just state for the record that I am SO CLOSE to being done with my semester? Last night I was on an essay-writing roll and worked pretty much nonstop between 10pm and 3am on my two final papers and by the time I got into bed was pretty much done with my paper on The Hunger Games. It's at a fat 26 pages right now, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with myself. I didn't realize I had so much to say, even about one of the greatest YA series of the 21st century, lol.

Tomorrow night it will be all over!!!

15 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I'll defintitely check it out when it's published.

    And yay for the end of the semester. I have one more final left and then I'm done. And your paper sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this book a couple of days ago and instantly fell in love.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looking forward to this one, too! It sounds intense and I can't wait to find out what Lucy's "something special" is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has been on my wish list since I first read the plot. Soooo can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks! It looks like something I'd love. I love romance in my books, but I don't like it as much when it's the central focus of the book.

    I am so curious to read your Hunger Games paper. Congrats on writing such a long paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound great! I have been enjoying a lot of dystopian fiction lately. Thanks for sharing! Congrats on finishing your paper. I'd love to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read your Hunger Games paper! Oh, and this book too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh snap, Steph. I haven't heard of this one! Plagues!? Epidemic!? *squee* is it sadistic that I like reading about hardship? :-/ only if the characters overcome them, though.

    Thanks for putting this one on my radar :) And I agree with Lenore: POST THE PAPER!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So waiting for XVI to come out in January. That's at the top of my list! But this one looks good, too. Congrats on all that paper writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! Thanks for spotlighting Ashes, Ashes, Steph! I am thrilled that you are excited about it. So am I!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one's telling me to read it too. I love a post-plague novel, I really do. This is a new one on me too.

    And yay! For the end of semester. Way to go on those essays. And *awesome* topic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, right?! I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not related to your WOW...

    Did you know Don Calame has a new book out? Since I read Swim The Fly on your recommendation, thought you might like to know. It's a companion/sequel to STF. I just found out about it tonight. Must read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just added this one to my wishlist too! Thanks for pointing it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...