Saturday, May 22, 2010

In My Mailbox (35)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme inspired by Alea and hosted by Kristi. Check out Kristi's post to see what others got in terms of books this week!

I'm kind of dreading putting up what I got in these past two weeks, because...

For review:

White Cat by Holly Black + swag - this came with some KICKASS swag, which I unfortunately had to leave behind in my apartment when I came home temporarily after the semester ended
The Beautiful Between by Alyssa Sheinmel - reviewed earlier this week. You know how I felt about it.
This Is Me From Now On by Barbara Dee - this looks and sounds cute; thanks, Barbara!
Tortilla Sun by Jennifer Cervantes - thanks, Jennifer!
Dear Anjali by Melissa Glenn Haber
Crank + Glass gift set by Ellen Hopkins
A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley - Thanks, Cath! Isn't that cover really pretty?
Deception by Lee Nichols - came for a tour, and it's pretty riveting
And Then I Found Out the Truth by Jennifer Sturman - I loved the first book, so I'm excited to have the opportunity to review this. Thanks, TK Public Relations!
Dork Diaries, Book 2: Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl by Rachel Renee Russell

Bought:

Pamela by Samuel Richardson - gotta read up on the epitome of the classic passive-female-rape-culture! Yay those silly 18th-century writers!
The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
Rapture of the Deep by L. A. Meyer
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 2: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney - I really enjoyed the movie, and am going to read this series soon

The above four were from a local library book sale.

The Agency, Book 1: A Spy in the House by Y. S. Lee
This Book Isn't Fat, It's Fabulous by Nina Beck
The Sweetheart of Prosper County by Jill S. Alexander

I've wanted to have these in my permanent collection for a while now, and over the weekend when I was miserable and housebound recovering from oral surgery, I just... gave in...

Ex-Mas by Kate Brian
The Keepers' Tattoo by Gill Arbuthnott
Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier
Plays by Henrik Ibsen
Extreme Danger by Shannon McKenna
Edge of Midnight by Shannon McKenna

The last 3 were from a local used book place.

Swapped:

The Order of Odd-Fish by James Kennedy
Out Of My Mind by Sharon Draper
Siren by Tricia Rayburn
The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
Darklight by Lesley Livingston
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
Magic Study by Maria Snyder
The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley
Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine
Chill Factor by Rachel Caine
Windfall by Rachel Caine
Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
Genius Squad by Catherine Jinks
Pretty Little Liars, Book 4: Unbelievable by Sara Shepard
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
The Darkangel by Meredith Ann Pierce
A Gathering of Gargoyles by Meredith Ann Pierce
The Pearl of the Soul of the World by Meredith Ann Pierce
Hero's Song by Edith Pattou

Borrowed from library:

Evil? by Timothy Carter
The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
Blue Plate Special by Michelle Kwasney
The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz (whoops, forgot to put that one in)

Yes, I am aware...that I have a problem. And that no matter how I look at it, there is no way I will ever get to every single one of these books. I blame Alaska Young. On the other hand, I've read 12 books since coming home last Wednesday (plus a lot of manga...). Unfortunately, in light of my book acquiring habits, this is the equivalent of removing an eyedropper full of water from the Atlantic Ocean.

23 comments:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of The Darkangel's first two books, but I'm not trying to judge until I actually get to reading the last book.

    Hope you enjoy your books! Some of them seem pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew-wee, what a haul! Good luck :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo! Weather Warden series!! When I read the first one two summers ago I went back the following week and bought books 2-6 (or 5 whichever it was up to then).

    I am eagerly awaiting the next book which comes out this summer.

    I want to read that Y.S. Lee Agency book so bad! But I can't afford it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite the load of books. ;] I really enjoyed A Little Wanting Song. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many books! I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh!!! you have one varied IMM! i love your romance picks--i really enjoyed larissa ione's demonica series and i've been wanting to read shannon mckenna's books. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy all of your books!!

    --Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Pamela. What a joy that was to read for a lit class in college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Anjali seems interesting...this is the first time I've heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwww, you got SIREN. Can't believe it! I've been looking forward to read it... Maybe soon... Who knows? Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books and I have a few on my TBR list. Love the look of A Little Wanting Song. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Steph, this post just really made me laugh. It seems your book self control took a stroll this week and whilst it wasn't looking you bought as many books as you could. You got some interesting ones too, hope you enjoy them all!! And nice to see some adult books mixed in too, shake things up a bit :-p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, the Alaska defence. I use that one too. :D

    I seem to remember having to read Pamela for uni and hating it, so hopefully you like that one better than I did.

    And you've totally reminded me I still haven't read any Ellen Hopkins and I need to. I'm going to make it my mission to buy something by her this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, you were right: that is some haul! I don't know which to comment on, so I'll just say I hope you enjoy every single one (apart from the one you hated ;) ).

    Enjoy BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing books this week. I am especially interested in Deception and White Cat. Can't wait to see what you think of them. Enjoy all your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a goddess. *bows* I wish I could have gotten that many. My parents would have all kinds of spasms. Jealous of Evil? though. Paranormal + LGBT protagonist = WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Steph, I'm so jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a huge group of books! That would be a whole summer's worth of reading for me. I hope you enjoy all your new books. My IMM is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so understand your problem! Right now I have 902 books on my bookshelves to read! I am never, ever going to get to all of them. I am trying to make myself get rid of some of them by donating them, but then I panic and think "What if I want to read that later?" I so need help :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy crap I'm drooling! Nice mailbox! Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good books. I hope you enjoy them all : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Siren was a great book check out my review !


    http://jessicasvision.blogspot.com/2010/06/review-siren-by-tricia-rayburn.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...