Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (64)

Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn

When Evie Walker goes home to spend time with her dying father, she discovers that his creaky old house in Hope’s Fort, Colorado is not the only legacy she stands to inherit. Hidden behind the old basement door is a secret and magical storeroom where wondrous treasures from myth and legend are kept safe unit they are needed again. The magic of the storeroom prevents access to any who are not intended to use the items.
Evie must guard the storeroom against ancient and malicious forces, protecting the past and the future even as the present unravels around them. Old heroes and notorious villains alike will rise to fight on her side or to undermine her most desperate gambits. At stake is the fate of the world, and the prevention of nothing less than the apocalypse. [summary from Goodreads]

Ever since I read and loved her first YA book, Voices of Dragons, I have been waiting for the opportunity to read more by Carrie Vaughn. I have the first book of her Kitty Norville series on my shelf (and maybe it'll be The Book to make me actually like werewolves?), but this one (also not YA) sounds so fierce. And it's published by Tor Books, and they're always good for slightly edgier, more daringly straight genre fictions. I'm excited.

Discord's Apple will be published in hardcover by Tor Books on July 6, 2010.

11 comments:

  1. This is definitely something I am interested in. I love Tor. If it is an author I have never heard of, but Tor is the publisher, I usually always buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of the book or the author but it sounds amazing anyway ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Shelf Awareness not long ago and I was extremely intrigued. I can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never heard of this one and it sounds incredible! Definitely going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The author and cover are wonderful. Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definately sounds intriguing. I'm not much a fan of the cover but the book synopsis does sound amazing. I might have to look up the Kitty Norville books too, because I love werewolf books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished the third Kitty Norville book last night, and I'll say that it's the series that really got me liking werewolves. :) So hopefully it does the same for you.

    This also looks good, so I'll keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! This sounds good. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first I've heard of this one, but I love the sound of it. I'll definitely need to check out Tor as well. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so cool! I love the apple of discord concept. <3 Brings back memories of an old Cartoon Network show... Very interested in reading Carrie Vaughn. I have to pick up a book by her sometime. If only Voices of Dragons was in paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of Carrie Vaughn's books but your post makes me want to check out her work.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...