Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (99)

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

She thought there was something wrong with her. She was right.
Finley Jayne has known for quite some time that she isn’t ‘normal,’ but when she beats up the son of her employer and is forced to flee, she stumbles into a world where there are bigger freaks than her. They take her in, treat her like family and demand her trust. How can Finley trust them when she can’t trust herself? And why is she drawn to the powerful Griffin as well as the dangerous Jack? She has to get herself under control before she gets into trouble she can’t get out of.
Griffin King is one of the most powerful men in Britain but he couldn’t save his best friend from almost dying. He is determined to save Finley and help her become the person he knows she can be, but there’s evil afoot in London. Machines have attacked humans under the orders of a nefarious criminal called The Machinist. He has sworn to protect his country against such a threat, but he’s never faced any foe like this. However, when he discovers The Machinist’s connection to his past, Griffin vows to end the villain once and for all — but he’ll need the help of all his friends, including the beautiful Finley Jayne – the girl in the steel corset.

So, after reading and loving The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook recently (plugplugplugplug--but, oh yes, warning! 'tis not a YA novel), I think I am going to love all things steampunk. Not only does The Girl in the Steel Corset have a drop-dead gorgeous cover, but that is a synopsis that is worthy of a good historical romance novel. I'll be interested to see how this one is marketed as YA.

The Girl in the Steel Corset will be released in hardcover from Harlequin TEEN on May 24, 2011.

15 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! And it looks like an awesome steampunk read. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're a steampunk fan, here's an anthology you might be interested in, especially because it includes stories from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.

    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9908712-steam-powered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a brilliant read - have never read arranging before, but will give this one a go!
    And you're right - the cover is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is so beautiful!! lol, even if I didn't know what the book was about, I'd probably still get it anyways... It sounds good though! I haven't read too many steampunk novels so I'll definitely have to check this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been becoming more and more interested in steampunk lately and this one caught my eye as well. Clockwork Angel got me interested in it as well! I love this cover too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound great. Steampunk is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i squeel everytime i see this cover :)

    New post for Debut Author Incites is up :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good and I can't wait for it to come out. Great pick!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous cover, and the summary sounds amazing. I can't wait for the release. Thanks for spotlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL - I enjoy many things that are "punk" - steam punk, cyber punk...

    So many interesting books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cover! I hadn't heard of this one before today, but it sounds interesting. Though with that cover, I'm tempted to put it on my wishlist no matter what! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love steampunk, this sounds like an exciting read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, I found this blog via Google Alerts. Imagine how excited I was to see my cover! Thank you so much for posting it, and I hope those of you who decide to pick it up enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...