Sunday, December 12, 2010

In My Mailbox (52)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme inspired by Alea and hosted by Kristi.

This is several weeks' worth of books for me!


For review:
The Fortune of Carmen Navarro by Jen Bryant
Wish by Joseph Monninger
Teenage Waistland by Lynn Biederman and Lisa Pazer
Sequins, Secrets, and Silver Linings by Sophia Bennett
Vixen by Jillian Larkin
Half World by Hiromi Goto
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Edges by Lena Roy
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Drought by Pam Bachorz
Human .4 by Mike Lancaster
The False Princess by Ellis O'Neal

Thank you to Random House, Scholastic, Hiromi, Harlequin, FSG, Simon & Schuster, and Egmont!

Bought:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Guild Hunter, Book 2: Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh
Battle Dress by Amy Efaw

Swapped:
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard Feynman
The Poison Eaters by Holly Black
The Magnificent Twelve, Book 1: The Call by Michael Grant
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Finals are now upon me, so I really need to cut down the amount of time I spend online and/or reading things unrelated to school! I suppose things could be a lot worse for me. I only have to write two 20-page papers, one of which is on The Hunger Games (yes, that's right, maybe after it's over I'll tell you a little more about it), and work on a VERY rough outline/draft of my thesis, also on something I care very much about--creative writing and YA lit. It's just a matter of buckling down and getting it done at this point. I'm going to try my best to finish mediocre rough drafts of both papers by tonight. Can I do it? Let's hope so!

18 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your papers, and great load of books you got there. I'm particularly excited about Wither - I've been hearing great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I can't wait to read Wither and Drought. Enjoy them all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I love historical fiction, so I really want to read Vixen!
    Happy Readings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your papers! The topics sound fun.

    You have so many great books this IMM! I can't wait to read all your reviews.

    My IMM

    Oh, sorry to hear about spammers! That's a shame. I hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic books this week. I hadn't heard of Half World, but it looks pretty interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your papers! The Iron Queen is soo good! And I can't wait for Wither. It sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great week, Steph!

    Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/
    Merry Christmas!
    Gabrielle Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Huge haul this week! I really want to read Wither and The Iron Queen in particular! Hope you enjoy!

    Have a look what I got this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list of books--hearing lots of good things about Wither, can't wait to read your review! Good luck on your papers...but lucky you getting to write about Hunger Games!
    My IMM is here, in case you're interested: http://christitheteenlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-my-mailbox-12.html
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did quite well in the YA department, didn't you? I hope you enjoy the books you got. Happy Reading. Check out what I got In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy reading :) Wish looks quite good. Good luck with your papers and finals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous of your awesome books right now! Especially The Iron Queen, Vixen, and Wither! Hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome IMM! I'm really looking forward to seeing reviews on Drought, it looks interesting! Good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Battle Dress was one of my summer reads that I enjoyed. Hopefully you will too if you haven't already read it.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice books you've got there! =)

    Good luck with all your school work!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome week, hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great collection of books. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You lucky girl! Those are some awesome books!! I see you're reading Pegasus. I just started it last night. :) Good luck with finals, Steph! I'm sure you'll do fabulously! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...