Friday, December 17, 2010

Introducing... the 2010 Book Lists!


It's that most wonderful time of the year again... for scads upon scads of lists! You may remember that last year, around this same time, I did my "Best of 2009" book list feature. You may have found it incredibly annoying, all those lists. You may have loved it. Either way, I love making lists, love that it gives me a way to organize the plethora of books I've read this year. So now I'm back with my 2010 book lists... and they're bigger and better than before, as I've got some wonderful bloggers who have contributed guest book lists!

What are the 2010 book lists? They are compiled from the books I've read between December 2009 - December 2010, minus books with a 2011 release date. The books are mostly US-published, with a few from the UK or Australia. The lists are a way for me to share my book recommendations for many of your ever-changing reading preferences. Find a list for every mood!

With the exception of guest bloggers' book lists, all lists are of my sole creation and represent my opinion and my opinion only. They are not to be taken as gospel; indeed, they are only drawn from the books I've read this year, and there are plenty of fantastic books published this year that I did not get a chance to read. Please, if you are making your own 2010 book lists, or come across similar features in the blogosphere, do leave a link below in the comments, so that I can add them to this post!

Steph Su's 2010 Book List Feature will consist of:

Saturday, Dec. 18, 2010
Pt. 1 - Genre #1
Best Books Read in 2010
Magical Realism
Fantasy

Sunday, Dec. 19, 2010
Pt. 2 - Genre #2
Best Books Published in 2010
Paranormal
Eternal Romances
Retellings

     Guest Blogger Book List #1 - Angie of Angieville on Retellings

Monday, Dec. 20, 2010
Pt. 3 - Mood Reads
Best Debuts of 2010
Sci-Fi/Dystopian/Apocalyptic
Night-In Reads
Winter Reads
Summer Reads

     Guest Blogger Book List #2 - Lauren of I Was a Teenage Geek on Winter Reads

Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2010
Pt. 4 - Contemporary Adoration
Feel-Good Reads
Thought-Provoking Reads
Angst-Filled Reads
On Grief
Quiet Gems

     Guest Blogger Book List #3 - Khy of Frenetic Reader on Best Contemporary

Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2010
Pt. 5 - Genre #3
Mysteries
Historical Fiction
Horror/Suspense/Thriller
Love Triangles
Guilty Pleasures

     Guest Blogger Book List #4 - Jenny of Wondrous Reads on British Books

Thursday, Dec. 23, 2010
Pt. 6 - Character Appreciation
Memorable Protagonists
Bad Boys
Nice Guys
Families
Messy Relationships
Best Villains
Tearjerkers

Friday, Dec. 24, 2010
Pt. 7 - Craft Etc.
Wonderful Worlds
Beautiful Covers
Beautiful Writing
Boarding School Settings
Books With Athletes
Exceptionalities
Books With Artists

     Guest Blogger Book List #5 - Ari of Reading in Color on Kick-Butt Protagonists

Saturday, Dec. 25, 2010
Pt. 8 - Beyond YA #1
Middle Grade
POC
Diverse Reads
Supporting Characters
Humor
Different Reads

     Guest Blogger Book List #6 - Kristi of The Story Siren on Overlooked YA

Sunday, Dec. 26, 2010
Pt. 9 - Beyond YA #2
Adult Reads for YA
YA for Adults
Girl Power
Important Themes
Notable Classics
Mass Market Paperback Love

     Guest Blogger Book List #7 - Forever Young Adult on Gateway YA Books

Monday, Dec. 27, 2010
Pt. 10 - Getting the Recognition
Escapism for Smart Teens
One for the Awards
Canonicity
2011 Books to Anticipate

Dates are subject to change. The headings above are meant only to give you an idea of what's in store for you on the following days; they do not necessarily restrict the lists posted on that day to that category.

Check out these sites for more 2010 book recommendation lists:

11 comments:

  1. i loved your lists last year, I picked up Poison Study because of them and LOVED it! cant wait for this year's picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to these posts. I like how you've broken them into categories and have used your reviews to guide some of my book selections.

    I posted a list of good gift books from 2010 here:
    http://blog.sarahlaurence.com/2010/11/matched-by-ally-condie-more-gift-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thought, Steph, could you update this directory with hyperlinks after you post the installments? I've linked to this post from mine, and it would make it easier for readers to find your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for this! i loved it last year and am looking forward to it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lists. Can't wait to see what you put on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for these lists, I love to read through them and it is the time of year I find new bloggers with similar interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's that link you wanted, Steph! I also have Incarceron on it, partially because of your suggestion. THANK YOU for making me want to read its awesome.

    http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010/12/08/johns-best-of-2010-list/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to stop in and say how much I've been enjoying these lists! I've added waaay too many to my amazon wishlist :) So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm going through your lists and LOVE htem. Thanks for putting so much effort into compiling them, they rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brava, Steph! Thanks for taking the time to read, to review and to link. Looking forward to more in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your lists are absolutely amazing - thanks so much for taking the time to do them!

    I've linked to your lists along with some others at my latest blog post at http://yayeahyeah.blogspot.com/2010/12/favourite-books-of-2010-other-peoples.html - I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...