Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (94)

Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal

When an unexpected inheritance enables Ari to transfer to an elite Manhattan prep school, she makes a wealthy new friend, Leigh. Leigh introduces Ari to the glamorous side of New York—and to her gorgeous cousin, Blake. Ari doesn't think she stands a chance, but amazingly, Blake asks her out. As their romance heats up, they find themselves involved in an intense, consuming relationship. Ari's family worries that she is losing touch with the important things in life, like family, hard work, and planning for the future.
When misfortune befalls Blake's family, he pulls away, and Ari's world drains of color. As she struggles to get over the breakup, Ari must finally ask herself: were their feelings true love . . . or something else? [summary from B&N.com]

I don't know about you, but I overlooked this book when I first heard of it. I thought the premise was a bit too...ritzy-drama-y? But somewhere, somewhere on the Internet (and I'm sorry I can't think of it now!) someone had posted an excellent review of this book and now I'm intrigued! It could go one way or the other, and I'm hoping it blows me away.

Other Words for Love will be published in hardcover by Random House on January 11, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one before! I'll have to keep an eye out for review of it. Any good one in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this book just a while back and I really liked it. My review should be posted around when it comes out so please check it out. I hope you like it as much as I did. Happy reading!

    -leslie
    booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! I love this cover....I haven't heard of this one either, but I will have to add to my my TBR list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did exactly the same thing: I disregarded the book based on the summary, and then added it to my wish list based on a good review. (We probably saw the same one.)

    I'm willing to give it a shot. Hopefully it will be as good as the reviewer claimed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've added this one to my TBR list a few weeks ago. Nice choice! I love that cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember spotting a review of this one, too, and promptly added it to my wishlist! The cover has me hypnotized, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...