Sunday, April 12, 2009

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox is memefied over at Kristi's blog. Check out what others got in terms of books this week!

This week was absolutely ridiculous. Lots of great trades, and PaperbackSwap and BookMooch were kind to me, AND I really really really need to stop buying discount books. Sheesh.


From a trade with Stephanie: :)
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
Confessions of a Serial Kisser by Wendelin van Draanen
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Beige by Cecil Castellucci

Exiled from Canada to Los Angeles, Katy can't believe she is spending the summer with her father—punk name: the Rat—a recovered addict and drummer for the band Suck. Even though Katy feels abandoned by her mom, even though the Rat's place is a mess and he's not like anything she'd call a father, Kathy won't make a fuss. After all, she is a girl who is quiet and polite, a girl who smiles, a girl who is, well, beige. Or is she? From the author of BOY PROOF and THE QUEEN OF COOL comes an edgy L.A. novel full of humor, heart, and music.

I won this signed book from Free Book Friday for Teens. I think I have some sort of connection with Cecil Castellucci, for this is the third signed book of hers that I have won in my lifetime. Strange, no?

Kitty Raises Hell by Carrie Vaughn

I won this from a giveaway over on The Novel Bookworm's website. I haven't read the series but I've heard good things about it. Perhaps I should start? This is like the sixth book in the series, lol, so it might take me a while until I get to this one!




From BookMooch:

The Plague by Joanne Dahme
Need by Carrie Jones
Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

These are actually from Kristi via BookMooch, so merci beaucoup. I look forward to reading them. :)

Numbers by Rachel Ward

Since her mother's death, fifteen-year-old Jem has kept a secret. When her eyes meet someone else's, a number pops into her head - the date on which they will die. Knowing that nothing lasts forever, Jem avoids relationships, but when she meets a boy called Spider, and they plan a day out together, her life takes a new twist and turn. Waiting for the London Eye, she sees everyone in the queue has the same number - something terrible is going to happen.

Daughter of the Flames by Zoe Marriott

Inside an ancient temple in the mountains, fifteen-year-old Zira trains in the martial arts to become a warrior priestess who can defend the faith of the Ruan people. Bearing a scar on her face from the fire that killed her parents, the orphaned Zira is taught to distrust the occupying Sedornes. Terror strikes when the forces of the tyrannical Sedorne king destroy the only home she knows. To survive, Zira must unravel the secrets of her identity, decide her people’s fate — and accept her growing feelings for a man who should be her enemy.

From PaperbackSwap:
Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson
Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
The Number Devil by Hans Magnus Enzensberger (childhood favorite - happy I got my own copy now!)
Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
Breathing Underwater by Alex Flinn
How to Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle
The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer (not pictured)
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner (not pictured)

From BookCloseouts.com:

Before I Die by Jenny Downham
I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
Beastly by Alex Flinn
Tamsin by Peter Beagle (not pictured)
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters (not pictured, but my own copy now!)

From the library:

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
I Know It's Over by C. K. Kelly Martin
Bones of Faerie by Jannie Lee Simner

Okay, back to NOT reading all these wonderful looking books as I do schoolwork... *sigh*

17 comments:

  1. Definitely start the Kitty series, one of my favorites in that genre :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm so jealous. I reallyyyy want Numbers. It looks fab.

    But yeah, want to read I Know It's Over, Need, and some others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week!

    The Plague and Wherever Nina Lies look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Dealing With Dragons. It's cute. Have you read Plain Janes? I like it well enough. Like to know what you think of Beige.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read _Dealing With Dragons_. It was fun given the age group. Have you read _Plain Janes_? I like it enough to want to check out more of her work. Like to know what you think of _Beige_.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had an awesome week! I loved The Plague and I'm going to read The Amaranth Enchantment and Princess of the Midnight Ball soon (my poor ever growing TBR pile hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They had Succubus Blues at bookcloseouts?!
    They must have added it after I bought those books and now that I'm broke, I can't buy it!

    grr...must get money!(I really want the Succubus series by Richelle Mead) :)

    Anyway, you got a lot of great books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Need by Carrie Jones! I look forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. darn school work. I know the feeling. It will take me almost a week to read Fragile Eternity. DARN SCHOOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't even handle how many good books you got! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some great books this week. I just finished reading Bad Girls Don't Die and I loved it. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got so many awesome books this week! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--amazing week, and what a great package from Stephanie! I myself am dying for The Amaranth Enchantment. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice haul...looks like some fun reading ahead

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow! what an awesome week! you must have a ton of books steph! i had to hit up the bookscloseout sale as well... :)

    when i saw your bookmooch books, i was like wow, those are some good books and then they were from me! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...