Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Forest Born by Shannon Hale

...aaaand I couldn't find a synopsis for it. :( *sigh* All I can tell you is that it's about Razo's little sister, Rin, and it's the fourth book in Shannon's Bayern series, which I love-love-loved. The Goose Girl is one of my favorite books of all time, and Enna Burning wasn't quite as good IMO, but it was still good. I have, unfortunately, yet to read River Secrets (bad Shannon Hale fan! bad!), but perhaps I will get on that during what I am going to dub Series Summer. More info to follow when, uh, you know, summer is actually nearer.

So I think the Forest Born cover is really pretty (love the purple tones throughout), but I'd have to say that I like the original Bayern series cover more, the pastel-ly older look. Which one do you guys prefer? (Perhaps I'll do a Cover Discussion post about this series' covers soon...)

Forest Born will be released in hardcover by Bloomsbury on September 15, 2009.

What are YOU waiting for today? :)

9 comments:

  1. I have heard so many great things about Shannon Hale and this one sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Series...aren't the bane of reading? :D Especially when they're still being written! Series Summer would be an amazing challenge, though I know that I will probably horribly fail!

    Shannon Hale, someday your books and I will cross paths...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A series? Never heard of it. The book looks good though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way about Enna Burning, Steph - actually, I think that's why I came here in the first place! - but River Secrets is /awesome/. Forest Born's been on my wishlist for a while - can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of these books... I am sort of out of the fantasy loop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cpver! Nice choice, I like Shannon Hale too. I hope I get around to reading more of her books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm confused. Are you waiting on Forest Born or River Secrets? You've written RS but seem to be talking about FB. Anyway, I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack, H, you're right! Thank you thank you for catching that. I've changed it. Gosh, that was dumb of me. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the purple tones too. Someday I am going to have to start this series.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...