Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Belly has spent her summers at the beach house with Conrad and Jeremiah, who had never noticed her noticing them. Every summer, Belly hoped it would be different. This time, it is. The summer that Belly turns pretty is the summer that changes everything- for better and for worse.

Okay, so normally this is the type of book description that wouldn't really get my attention. That and the cover, which just looks like one of those Love Stories from the nineties covers, the one that gets rotated through different books that all have the same basic plotline of a boy and a girl at a beach in the summertime falling in love... Ahhhh!!! However, since it IS Jenny Han, and I absolutely loved her first book, Shug (my review's here), I'd really love to get my hands on this one.

The Summer I Turned Pretty will be out in hardcover from Simon & Schuster on May 5, 2009.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds pretty good! I'm not sure about the name 'Belly', though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely want to read this one, too! Love the cover art, and sounds like a book I would dig. I'll be waiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick on the cover! I can hardly even see the title and the author's name is nearly transparent.

    And why are there two guys on the it? It makes me think of a three-some for some reason. But maybe she does turn "pretty" and gets the attention of two guys....okay that makes sense then.

    And I HATE the name Belly.

    I saw this book on someone elses "waiting" post and told them the same on the name. Although, I don't think I saw the cover.

    I'll wait for a full review before I jump on the bandwagon for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for this one and I actually really love the cover. The lighting is really pretty.

    Anyways, I agree with what someone said above about disliking the name Belly but I don't see that really being too bothersome.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, interesting title and cover! I hope it is as good as Shug, which I still have to track down a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fun, I've heard really good things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great teaser!! i'm interested even though the name belly is freaking me out just a bit. is it a nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really like the cover art for this one and it was my pick a few weeks ago. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this book, hopefully we'll both get to read it soon. But I have to agree with others, Belly sounds so weird lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...