Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

I'm sure most of you have heard about this week's pick, but bear with me, there's exciting news at the bottom:

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters.
One good…
One evil…
Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents’ deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don’t know whom they can trust.

They just know they can’t trust each other.

I just have the vibes that this gothic fantasy by a 2009 debut author will be fantastic, and after reading Steph's pub story with Michelle Zink, I'm even more convinced of its impending awesomeness.

The reason I picked this as this week's WoW is because I have stumbled upon SEVERAL chances for you to win an ARC of this exciting book! Steph is giving away a copy here, and upcoming author Malinda Lo (whose debut book, Ash, a lesbian retelling of Cinderella, I featured last Wednesday) is also giving away a copy here. Figured you guys might want to know about these opportunities. :) Go enter now!

Prophecy of the Sisters will be released in hardcover by Little, Brown on August 1, 2009.

6 comments:

  1. I was so lucky to get an ARC of this at a library conference! its sooo good! good luck to everyone entering the contests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great! And the cover is kind of eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to read this one someday too. The cover is o beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is amazing. I absolutely enjoyed it and recommend it to everyone. Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really good and the cover is amaing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey nice. I've been wanting to read this one for a really long while now. Love the cover, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...