Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
(a DJ Schwenk book)

After five months of sheer absolute craziness I was going back to being plain old background D.J. In photographs of course I’m always in the background . . .

But it turns out other folks have big plans for D.J. Like her coach. College scouts. All the town hoops fans. A certain Red Bend High School junior who’s keen for romance and karaoke. Not to mention Brian Nelson, who she should not be thinking about! Who she is done with, thank you very much. But who keeps showing up anyway . . .

If you couldn't tell already, I'm kind of in love with DJ Schwenk, in a non-romantic way. More as in, if I were a farmgirl living in the Midwest, DJ is who I'd want to be. So that's why I'm thrilled that--yay!--DJ's coming back! And we'll be able to read more about her and her family and the farm and Brian Nelson and football and more. Sweet. I can't wait!

Front and Center will be released by Houghton Mifflin in hardcover on October 19, 2009.

8 comments:

  1. I just got this one and I think it sounds pretty cool. Maybe I should try the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually REALLY love the covers. Love the simple peacefulness. cant get that here in a city like Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear this series is really good, so I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited that there is going to be a new book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great read. Great WoW post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a WoW post on this book too! :P Front and Center deserves it. I also love DJ- she's simply incredible. Great pick! ;)

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed! I read Dairy Queen and Front & Center a few years ago, so I might have to reread those before this one comes out. I'm so glad there's going to be a third book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I loved Dairy Queen. Great pick! Also, there is an award for you at my blog. =]

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...