Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Featured Blogger (8): H from About Books for Teens!

You've probably seen her lurking around the YA blogosphere these past few months, commenting and blogging under the mysterious letter "H," on a site called About Books for Teens. Who is the girl behind the letter, you wonder? (And what in tarnation is her real name???!!!) Read on to find out!

1. Tell us about yourself, H!

Hi, I’m Hannah and I live in the UK. Hobbies are reading, writing, drawing, talking, going to the theatre. I have a cat called Sophie who seems to be a lot less interesting than all the other cats on the blogosphere. Why is it that all bloggers’ cats are so interesting? As I’ve mentioned before, we should have a big cat olympics. Like, balance the most things on your cat etc. And no phobias to report.

2. Haha, you'll have to ask bloggers like Lenore about that. So tell us about your blog. When did you start it and why? What interesting things can visitors expect?

I started my blog in January this year. I got back to university after my Christmas holiday and realised I’d left my review notebook at home. And I decided that if I kept all my reviews online I’d never lose them. Also, if they were online other people could read them and maybe they’d be helpful. Hopefully the most interesting thing is the reviews themselves. I read a large variety of genres, so maybe people will be introduced to books they wouldn’t normally read.

3. Which fictional character do you relate to the most? Which character would be your best friend? Your dream partner?

I relate to Lydia from Finding Cassie Crazy (with less of the illegalness!) [The Year of Secret Assignments for US friends, by Jaclyn Moriarty]. I could see myself getting on with Audrey and Victoria from Audrey, Wait. Some of their conversations remind me a lot of some of the crazy things I’ve talked about with friends. My dream partner would be Wes from The Truth about Forever. Of course all of these people are way cooler than I am :)


4. Oh, Wes. *swoooon* Quick! Name 3 favorite books and why you think everyone should read them.

This is SO hard! The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and The Lady in the Tower by Marie-Louise Jensen. I know I’ve missed some awesome book out, but I loved all three of those books. They’re the sort that I finish, then a few days later think ‘I’ll just read that one scene again...’ and end up reading it ALL again because I forget that I was only going to read a small part.

5. I have Poison Study on my TBR list for the summer, but after hearing more and more rave reviews about the series I want to start NOW! Haha. Favorite authors?

Sarah Dessen, Jaclyn Moriarty, Shannon Hale, Lisa Shearin, Robin McKinley. And I’m always impressed with Jane Austen – I can do classics!!! (This is the wrong attitude for an English and History student. I'm sure I shouldn't be surprised every time I read classics that I actually enjoy!)

6. Tell me about your dream vacation.

I really want to go to Japan or Africa. The dream holiday is basically somewhere where the culture is completely different from here. Lots of sun doesn’t hurt either!

7. Speaking of dreams... what is the craziest dream you've had?

I was a superspy and I’d been doing superspy stuff like crawling through air ducts and skulking around and generally being awesome. I’d just been caught by big scary bad guys who told me to tell them the secret (I really can’t remember what the secret was though!) Of course, brave bold superspy that I was, I shouted NO! And they said, ‘well I’m sorry, this is your fault, you asked for it’. At that EXACT moment, I woke up to an earthquake. And I lay there panicking, knowing that it was all my fault. That was extremely weird.

8. HAHA. I am so glad I asked you that question. What are your reading habits like? Do you read one book at a time? Multiple books at once? When and where do you read?

I used to be so straightforward. Get a book, read it, move on. I’d always read the book in one day as well so it didn’t get complicated. Recently I had six books on the go at once and I couldn’t help picking up more new ones! But usually I go one at a time and once I've started a book I don't stop until it's finished. Where I read has always been and will always be in bed. Comfy!

9. What are some things you just LOVE to receive for presents? :)

Other than books? Books is a given, right? What about book tokens?
I also like scarves and necklaces. You can never have too many!

10. And finally, tell us 2 interesting/strange things about yourself that can spark conversation.

1. I own and can use a unicycle. I may or may not have injured myself on said unicycle :)
2. I have bad circulation. This often sparks conversations like this;
‘Hannah, your hands are blue.’
‘Hmm?’
‘Did you know your hands are blue?’
‘No. Oh. Oh yes, so they are.’
‘Hey, they’re not just blue, they have strange yellow circles too.’
‘Yep.’
My hands go blue a lot.

-

Hannah says I killed her with all the hard questions, but I think she did a fantastic and funny job, don't you? Thanks so much!! Be sure to check out her blog if you want to find out more about her, as well as read her reviews and interviews. She also has an Extreme Kissing by Luisa Plaja giveaway going on, so head on over and say hi!

For more Friday Featured Bloggers, click here! And find out the origins of this particular feature on my blog here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh H! I totally want to see your uninteresting cat :)

    I tried to stop posting pictures of Emmy but then I got all these pleading e-mails...so, yeah....now I'm the cat lady. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me Steph!
    Lenore, you can never stop posting pictures of Emmy now! Soon you'll run out of amusing places to photograph her in and have to get creative. Maybe play dress up once a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great interview! I really enjoyed reading this and hearing all about H! Thanks, both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I can't believe you can ride a unicycle, H! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, Steph!

    I'm especially happy to meet a blogger from the UK as my UK publisher and I were JUST talking about UK publicity. I know so many bloggers here in the US but not a one in the UK. What the heck?!

    Thanks for introducing us, Steph, and thanks for letting us get to know you better, Hannah!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked interview! A unicycle? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting interview. I could almost see you all talking face to face...now I shall check out Hannah's blog. Thank you, Steph Su!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these feature bloggers posts. Steph--You should read Poison Study ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this interview! Hannah, you were a great interview-e and Steph you were a great interviewer! I look forward to more of these in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview! :D
    I love knowing more about the bloggers I read! The questions were great and her answers funny. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Can* ride a unicycle yes.
    *Can ride a unicycle and decide to try a very tight corner in my living room while going very fast and fall off landing on my arm and twisting it* unfortunately also yes :D I was wearing those slippery fluffy socks at the time, so I guess it was going to happen sooner or later lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...