Sunday, May 24, 2009

Awards Pileup

Well, this post has just been piling up and piling up since the end of March. So it's not that I'm more loved than some people--I'm just incredibly behind on posting this! lol

First off, I've been interviewed over at Mrs. Magoo Reads! Sophie (better known as Mrs. Magoo to the blogging world) has no shortage of awesomeness, and her blogger profiles are always a delight to read and an honor to be proud of. If you still can't get enough of my, er, writing style and want to know about my reading, writing, and blogging history, as well as some of my thoughts about blogging and publicity, feel free to check it out. Thanks!

Secondly, I am absolutely bowled over that Malinda Lo, author of the upcoming exciting-sounding Ash, which I mentioned on one of my previous Waiting on Wednesday posts, has chosen my blog to be one of her Sites of the Month! Can someone help peel the perma-smile off my face, please? No, better yet, just leave it there. Happy is good! Malinda's a Wellesley alum so she's probably very familiar with the academic stress of small liberal arts schools, which she mentions. A really big thank you to you, Malinda, for the honor, and if you don't frequent her site, uh, why are you not? It's awesome. You should check it out. She's supremely friendly.

And now onto the slew of awards...

Thanks to Just Your Typical Book Blog, Iryna from A Garden of Books and Donna from Bites for nominating me for the Splash Award! I love water (clearly, as I am a swimmer), so I'm not afraid of this one. :)

Oh man, laaaaaame. They have now rejected my application for comedy school.

The Rules:

1) Put the logo on your blog/post.
2) Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3) Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5) Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award.

Jenny of Wondrous Reads and Wendy have given me the prettypretty Proximidade Award:

Rules:
This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY--nearness in space, time, and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who must choose 8 more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Thank you to Jenny, Just Your Typical Book Blog, Donna, Stephanie , The Book Girl, The Epic Rat, AND H of About Books for Teens (whew! hope I didn't miss anyone!) for this snazzy Sisterhood Award:

Rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

Purplg8r at So Many Books, So Little Time gave me the Premio Dardos Award!

This award acknowledges the the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

The rules to follow are:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Bahaha, and H from About Books for Teens, thekoolaidmom from Mt. TBR and Sylvia gave me this (incredibly frightening) Zombie Chicken Award:

The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their words.

And Mishel from Mis(h)takes--which is an eye-catching blog name, by the way--my friend Jenny from Wondrous Reads, and Senfaye gave me this wonderful "Let's Be Friends" award!

"The Let's be Friends Awards stands for this: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers."

Thank you thank you! This is what I aim for when I blog--to make friends and to spread my love and knowledge of reading. That's the best part about blogging. :)

Thank you to Sarah, the awesome librarian from GreenBeanTeenQueen, and Jenny at Wondrous Reads for giving me the You Don't Say/Super Comments award! Besides the fact that I will drool all over this award because the icon features a panda (pandas!!!!), I'm honored because this award is given to bloggers who take the time to comment on blogs, which I sincerely try to keep on doing.


A. K. Willett of Black Rabbit Ink, Liyana, Kay of InfiniteShelf, and MssJos gave me the One Lovely Blog award, which is really pretty in a pastelly, tea-and-crumpets kind of way (which I secretly love)!

The rules to follow are:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Thanks to the ever-cool Donna at Bites and Deltay at LucidConspiracy for this Your Blog Rocks award!

The rules are:

1. Rockin' bloggers who are awarded should pass it on to up to 5 blogs that rock your world either for content, writing, layout, or whatever!

2. Be sure to display the badge on your blog and leave a link to the person who gave it to you.

3. Write a post about it, and don't forget to thank the one who gave you the gig!

4. Oh yeah, and be sure to inform your nominees about their award by leaving them a comment. It's just good manners.

Thank you, Jenny, for giving me this Enchanted Blog Award!

The only requirement for this award is that you share it with whomever you like, sharing the love is always a good thing. The blog has to show only one characteristic, caring. So, start sharing this enchanted award with five other bloggers. Let your bloggers know they have received this enchanted award. (Remember, fairies are fickle wee things, don't incur their displeasure by ignoring their gift.)


Ashley at Books Obsession gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award! Ashley's a new blogger but she's already on fire. Thank you so much!

I've been charged with identifying seven things I love, and then passing the award on to seven other bloggers.

Seven things I love are:

1. Autumn. I want to have an October wedding. Foliage, and need I say more?
2. Shotglasses and postcards. One a current collection, and one an ex-collection (but still fun to receive).
3. Broadway musicals. So, the example is that while driving back home from school the other day, I listened through three musicals: Aida, Wicked, and Hairspray. Clearly I am part of the cool crowd.
4. The sun. I am dysfunctional on rainy days, or days that look gloomy and threaten rain. Bleh.
5. Stitch. Ya know, the fuzzy blue alien from the Disney movie. That's right. I currently have a collection of stuffed toy Stitches going. And I sleep with them every night!
6. Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films. I have a crush on just about all the male characters in those films. And for reasons which you will see soon (check: layout)...
7. Heavy duty cardboard letter storage boxes. They're so much fun to carry around, and, uh, I just bought a bunch of them from Costco earlier today, so it's not like I was TOO influenced to choose this as #7...

And finally (and I'm pretty sure this is the big one), I am in awe that I have been awarded the People's Choice YA Book Blog Award for Best Newcomer.... and this is ALL because of you, lovely friends, authors, bloggers, and fellow lovers of reading. Thank you SO much for this great honor. I'll be sure to think of it when I'm having a bad day, and it'll cheer me up. And then in the meantime I can keep on blogging! Hehehe.


Congrats to the other deserving winners and runner-ups. Oh, and thanks to Steph Bowe for hosting these awards and for making these wonderful graphics. Can you think of someone who's incredible, and not just because she shares my name? :)

And oh dear God if I've forgotten you in the landslide that has become this post I deeply apologize. I'm NOT going to let things pile up like this again, and thus, next time, I can actually pass these well-worn awards on. It frightens me!!

<3

6 comments:

  1. You must have spent ages on this post! And it's ok if you stalk me. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You deserve ALL of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! I voted for you in the "Best Newcomer" category, your blog is fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Steph! I voted for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Steph, I did see Melinda's nod and I commented on it as well. I did add her blog to my blog roll and said I found her through you. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph simply rocks : D It's so awesome that Malinda chose your blog to be one of her sites of the month!

    p.s did you try the header? I so want to see if it fits the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...