Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cover Lust (15)

Cover Lust is a once-in-a-while meme to showcase covers that have caught my attention recently. Let me know what you think of these!


Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
(Penguin / Spring 2011)

This is just so superiorly luscious. The pub date is a long ways off, and I don't even know if I've gotten the publication info correct, but talk about cover lust for sure. This is exactly the sort of cover that will have potential buyers drooling in the bookstore.


(Harlequin Teen / Aug. 31, 2010)

I won't be reading this, as I wasn't a fan of the first one, but I do love the cover, mostly just for that shade of blue. I know, I know, it looks really artificial, and if you look at the model's face he looks like a mannequin--but can we see that blue more often on covers? What's that shade called, anyway?


When Rose Wakes by Christopher Golden
(MTV Books / Sept. 28, 2010)

My favorite part is how the girl is in the middle ground, slightly off-focus. Otherwise, the contrast of the colors are cool too. It's very bold, and different. Ideal for a modern retelling of Sleeping Beauty.


Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
(Lee and Low Books / Oct. 15, 2010)

This cover first caught my attention with the beautiful backlighting and silhouetting of the tree and girl. But as you get up closer, you can see more intricate details: handwriting? a map, maybe? It's pretty simple, but I like it.


Headlong by Kathe Koja
(Farrar, Straus & Giroux / Oct. 28, 2008)

This was published a while ago, but I'd never heard of it until I stumbled across it on Goodreads. Isn't it such an eye-catching use of black and white? I'm not sure how I feel about the text placement, but I like the starkness and the water texture that shows up in the black and white.

13 comments:

  1. I love the colors of WHEN ROSE WAKES! And the cover of UNDER THE MESQUITE makes me want to read the book, even though I don't know what it's about. Total cover lust :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove the covers! Even though the red/black contrasts is so overused, Falling Under is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Falling Under is so pretttty, and Headlong is very striking. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Falling Under and When Rose Wakes - I can't wait to stare at those on my bookshelf. I'm not keen on Unraveled, though. Besides the nice colour, I don't think it has much else going for it. The model just looks weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I loved Intertwined and I'm reading Unraveled right now.

    I think it's a sky blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Choices - I've been drooling over the cover for Falling Under for a while now.

    By the way, you won two awards (yes, two!) over at my blog. :) Check them out here...

    http://dreaminginbooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/two-more-blog-awards-and-blog-hop-holy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh my goshh, I am in serious lust for Unraveled, Falling Under, and When Rose Wakes!! But especially Falling Under...how amazingly gorgeous is that, anyway?? :)
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty covers!!I love When Rose Wakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all really beautiful covers. Thanks so much for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the cover for Falling Under! Absolutely lustworthy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the covers featured are simply breathtaking! Now I really want to read When Rose Wakes. I'm a sucker for fairy-tale-like stories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man... I can't wait to see more about Falling Under! That cover is amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...