Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (67)

Spiritwalker, Book 1: Cold Magic by Kate Elliott

'I was not a bard or a djeli or an historian or a scribe and I was certainly not a sage, but that didn't mean I wasn't curious ...'
As they approach adulthood, Cat Barahal and her cousin Bee think they understand the society they live in and their place within it. At a select academy they study new airship technologies and the dawning Industrial Revolution, but magical forces still rule. Drawn into a labyrinth of politics involving blood and old feuds, Cat is betrayed by her family and forced to marry a powerful Cold Mage. As she is carried away to live a new life, drawn into a labyrinth of politics involving blood, betrayal and old feuds, she will be forced to make an unexpected and perilous journey in order to discover the truth, not just about her own family but about an ancient secret lying at the heart of her world. [summary from Goodreads and PaperbackSwap]

Can I first say that if Orbit continues to come out with ever stunning covers, my wallet will NOT be happy with me? Anyway, this one sounds epic and potentially very enthralling. Magic, arranged marriages, betrayals, political conspiracy... maybe even a little steampunk? Sounds like it can be fantastic!

Cold Magic will be published in paperback by Orbit on September 9, 2010.


What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one, defiantly adding it to my wishlist. I also really love the cover, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try out Kate Elliot's books for a while now since I've seen good reviews of them. Although I'll probably start with her other series. :) My WoW pick for this week is The Ring of Solomon by Jonathan Stroud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHH One I have not heard about before but sounds/looks really awesome - off to add this to my list of wants! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am in love with this cover. And the summary sounds wonderful as well. Definitely going on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...