Friday, June 25, 2010

What I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging

I have, surprisingly, not done very much in the way of reading, writing reviews, blogging, answering emails, and commenting in the past couple of weeks. Instead, I have been:

- gchatting with old and new friends
- getting to know my summer apartment-mates
- cooking kickass meals
- playing piano
- finding great new music to download and listen to
- appreciating other people's talents
- writing my WIP
- going through runs in the woods at my school

...and so on. In other words, I feel, oddly enough, very much alive. I have had ups and downs in terms of mood, but I have also made lasting memories, experienced new things, and made myself happy. This kind of activity and simultaneous calm is something I do not remember having known for a long time.

I always say that it's okay if you don't want to do something because you're not feeling in the mood for it: it doesn't make you a worse person as a result. So I WILL be back, and will start communicating more online, but in the meantime you'll have to mind just my pre-scheduled reviews, weekly memes, giveaway posts, and lack of more active presence. Sorry; I hope that's okay!

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy the summer! Get out and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great to go out and just enjoy life. I have kind of been doing the same thing. After almost 16 years of marriage, it's hard to keep the spark alive. Me and my husband have been doing a lot of talking and trying to renew our spark, so my reading and blogging have kind of been on the backburner for right now, but life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - you've still been posting pretty much every day :) Not sure what you're apologizing for! This has been a pretty fabulous summer thus far-- Happy you're finding lots of ways to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, your posting is fine! Enjoy your wonderful life! I wish I had summer off so I could do fun wonderful things like that. :-)

    I think sometimes we all need to put blogging on the backburner and enjoy the wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no need to apologize! Life is all about having fun, so go out and do whatever you want. We'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo the others: no need to apologize. Get out there and have fun, and good luck with your WIP. I look forward to reading more about it. I'm out on my deck with my laptop catching up on blogs after not spending much time online either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go through seasons in life, and even in the year - feel free to enjoy a season off the blog, if it makes you happy. You have all of our permission. (I think) *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel like summer is the time to expand (not physically though - ha!) and do stuff you don't normally do. At least that what it seems to do to me.

    I have google chat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need to feel guilty, you are getting a balance to life. I say it is wonderful.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. it all sounds fun it is that you are so active in summer. I'm jealous of the summer aspect as it is winter here and the cooking kickass meals.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww awesome! have fun have fun have fun and stay happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that you shouldn't do things when you aren't in the mood to do them. Enjoy your summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think its great that you've taken a break to do some other fun things. have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...