Saturday, February 7, 2009

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox is hosted by the innovative Kristi at The Story Siren as part of YA Connection. Check out her site to see what others got in their mailboxes this week!

I had a rather happy week, PBS-wise, I think. :)

From PaperbackSwap:

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

I don't think I even have to give a synopsis of this classic modern tale, do I?












Becoming Chloe by Catherine Ryan Hyde

A gay teen runaway teams up with the childlike Chloe to embark on a road trip of self-discovery and beauty. See my review here











Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita

Teen superstar Kaitlin Burke longs for a normal life, away from the cutthroat gossip of Hollywood. She goes undercover at a normal high school, only to find more trouble than she could have anticipated. See my review here.









Daddy Long-Legs by Jean Webster

An anonymous benefactor sends orphan Judy off to college, with the stipulation that she must write him letters about her life. Almost a classic piece of literature. Should be interesting.




Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles Series #1) by Suzanne Collins

When eleven-year-old Gregor and his two-year-old sister are pulled into a strange underground world, they trigger an epic battle involving men, bats, rats, cockroaches, and spiders while on a quest foretold by ancient prophecy.

After reading--and loving--The Hunger Games, I decided to acquire this book and read it while impatiently waiting for Catching Fire to come out. Yay!






From the library:

Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

Zombies at the local high school? What?? I've heard many good things about this book, so I'm excited to read it.












What did YOU get this week? :)

10 comments:

  1. Oooh...Generation Dead looks amazing, can't wait to read it! And I loved Secrets of My Hollywood Life, it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally ordered myself a copy of Becoming Chloe.. yey!

    You had a great week for books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooove The Princess Bride, book and movie both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might check out Generation Dead for our library. I'm not into zombies, but I'm very interested in adding books to our collection that our girls would like.

    Thanks for helping me find new reads. I've posted my loot for week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I /just/ read Daddy Long-Legs about a month ago - and now I'm not sure how I ever missed it - it's awesome - I think you'll really like it

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great week for books. Generation dead is on my TBR pile and It is almost at the very top. OH! the princess bride, I love love love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becoming Chloe looks fantastic and I liked your review of Secrets of my Hollywood life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice haul! i need to get The Princess Bride, it is one of my all time favorite movies and I'm sure the book is 100 times better

    ReplyDelete
  9. Generation Dead is brilliant. I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...