Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch--and me, Ruby Oliver by E. Lockhart

Ruby is back at Tate Prep, and it’s her thirty-seventh week in the state of Noboyfriend. Her panic attacks are bad, her love life is even worse, and what’s more:

Noel is writing her notes, Jackson is giving her frogs, Gideon is helping her cook, and Finn is making her brownies. Rumors are flying, and Ruby’s already-sucky reputation is heading downhill.

Not only that, she’s also: running a bake sale, learning the secrets of heavymetal therapy, encountering some seriously smelly feet, defending the rights of pygmy goats, and bodyguarding Noel from unwanted advances.

In this companion novel to
The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book, Ruby struggles to secure some sort of mental health, to understand what constitutes a real friendship, and to find true love—if such a thing exists.

I'm a big fan of the Ruby Oliver books, enjoyed The Boyfriend List but felt so much more...connected with The Boy Book, which is highly unusual, that the sequel is better than the first novel. So I have high hopes for this one. Can't wait to read more about Roo!

The Treasure Map of Boys is being released in hardcover by Delacorte Books for Young Readers on July 28, 2009.


Silver Phoenix: Beyond the Kingdom of Xia by Cindy Pon

I can't really find much of a description for this, except that it's a YA Asian fantasy, which are 3 good reasons that I want to read this book. I'm curious to see how Cindy approaches fantasy from an Asian angle, especially as I've been very disappointed with books written about Asians by Asian-American authors before. But hey! It's fantasy. This might be interesting!

(Psst, by the way, if you know where I could get my hands on a copy to review before the release date it'd be greatly appreciated......)

[Edit] Cindy has directed me to www.cindypon.com for a summary and excerpt of Silver Phoenix, and it sounds as good as the cover makes it look! (hehe.) Thanks so much, Cindy!

Silver Phoenix is being released in hardcover by Greenwillow Books (a division of HarperCollins) on April 28, 2009.

9 comments:

  1. These both look so good! Great picks!:)
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for The Treasure Map of Boys! I want to know how it plays in the book, but it looks like I'll have to check out the first 2 in the series :)

    Silver Phoenix looks like it will be amazing!

    cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy is my online crush. I will send her over here but I think she's given out all of her ARCs (I want one, too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Boyfriend List, but I haven't read it yet. I hear the series is great. Good pick Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. steph, thanks so much for the shout out! i am currently ARC-less, alas. but you can find an excerpt and more about the novel on my author site : cindypon.com

    aerin, i knew you were beautiful, witty and smart. i didn't know you had great taste in your crushes, too. ;*) wOOooOOO! what a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover for the first! I really need to start reading E. Lockhart's books...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first book looks so cute...and the synopsis sounds very unusual. I also heard nice things about the second one too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to A Treasure Map of Boys - and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...