Monday, February 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (2)...

....is late this week because I went home this weekend for Valentine's Day and my dad's birthday, thus having access to all the books that came for me through PaperbackSwap, contest winnings, etc., as well as the lovely used bookstore that's near my house. I ended up getting so many books (for such a great price, though!) that I decided just to take pictures of them and list them out, so that this post isn't 1340982456 miles long. Cheerios.
An American Childhood by Annie Dillard
Annie John by Jamaica Kincaid
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Played by Dana Davidson
The Power of Their Ideas by Deborah Meier (read this for my Education class and really enjoyed it)
That Summer by Sarah Dessen
Rites of Spring (Break): an Ivy League Novel by Diana Peterfreund

Sister Light, Sister Dark by Jane Yolen
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
Echo by Francesca Lia Block
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee
The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope

Of Sound Mind by Jean Ferris
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson (won in a giveaway on Kaye's blog; thanks!)
The Innocent by Posie Graehme-Evans
A Separate Peace by John Knowles
The 13th Reality: the Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner (from YA Books Central)

Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment by James Patterson
Girls Dinner Club by Jessie Elliot (ARC)
Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Evermore by Alyson Noel
Night World Volume 1 by L.J. Smith

I also got the following from the libray:

Creepers by Joanne Dahme - Heard about and really want to read The Plague, coming out in a few months, and so I borrowed this. Plus, it's really cool cuz it has color on the inside pages!
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

And also a few not pictured (cuz they are mostly rereads and I had put them away before remembering to take pictures of them):
The Portable Dorothy Parker by Dorothy Parker (unread)
On the Road by Jack Kerouac (unread)
Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - I'm determined to collect the whole series in hardcover.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling - ditto ^_^
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - hardcover!! Because I love the cover on the HC copy. Problem, now, is of course that I now have TWO copies of this wonderful book. Hmm, what to do with my brand-new paperback version... anybody interested in trading? :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a week! Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francesca Lia Block was one of my favourite authors in High School. I actually nabbed my AR Edition of Psyche in a Dress from my dad's when I was there today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evermore!!! That was a ton of books haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do let me know when you review Annie John. Read this many years ago in college. Interested in the Maximum Ride series, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh! Poison Study is soooo good! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I really couldn't put it down, it really appealed to me. I can't wait to read Magic Study. So many books, so little time.

    Thanks for following my blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books. I especially enjoyed Into the Wild and Millicent Min, Girl Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you got so many great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great week Steph! I can't wait to see what you think of Maximum Ride, I love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I'm honored to be in the stack!!!

    Once you review my first book (The 13th Reality) I'd be happy to make sure my pub sends you a copy of Book 2 that comes out next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Posion Study! And we're trying to collect all the HP in hardcover too. We're one away from all 7!:)
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...