Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Featured Blogger (5): Vania from Reverie Media

So Vania's kind of crazy. (Just update your Twitter status. Within seconds, she'll pop up and stalk you with responses.) Just kidding! She's actually the keeper of a new but exciting blog, Reverie Media, in which she gushes about a lot of things, most notably the Mortal Instruments trilogy in the past week. Her excitement is contagious, which is why I want to share it with you all in the following interview!

Welcome! Can you please tell us about yourself in a few short sentences?

Ok. Gosh. I hate talking about myself. For starters, I am a 21 year old college student, studying fine art photography. I YA books and photography are my hobbies and my loves in life.

Tell us about your blog. When did you start it and why? What interesting things can visitors expect?

I started mid February. I started because my friend and I wanted a way to connect with other people, learn about new books coming out and just have fun talking about the books we like. I have a few fun things I do during the week: one’s my Discussion Thursday, where I and fellow blogger(s) discuss a book. So if anyone’s interested, it’s really fun!!! Also, I love interviews, and fun one’s at that, so I have a few fun interviews with others coming up, including Alyson Noel. Now, that was a great interview!! Other than that, I just have fun and I hope the readers see that and enjoy my posts.

Your love of fun is definitely contagious, hehe. So everyone has different ways of choosing which books to read next. What influences you to pick up a book and read it?

I automatically gravitate towards YA paranormal. I love being able to escape into a COMPLETELY different world. Some of the new paranormal authors are just so great, and I cannot wait to get to some of those books. I also, love browsing the blogs and reading the reviews. If a few people say a certain book’s not worth it I am that much more likely not to read it.

Quick! Name 3 favorite books and why you think everyone should read them.

Yes, it is hard to pick just one; three’s easier but not that easy. Ok….Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is an amazing story of survival and love amidst some peril. Graceling is one of my top faves; story about survival and how love itself can survive anything. And last but not least, The Mortal Instruments Trilogy just because they have to be read as one and they are awesome. (I know I cheated!)

  

That's okay; a series counts as a favorite. (Although on second thought maybe it shouldn't count so that you won't think I'm a softie, giving you these leeways!) What's a book that made you cry?

The last book I cried in was “Fade” by Lisa McMann and before that was “Shadowkiss” by Richelle Mead.

Favorite authors?

Lisa McMann, Kristin Cashore, Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare, the list goes on and on. Recent fave is a new author, whose book isn’t out yet, Michelle Zink!!!

Prophecy of the Sisters DOES look great; I can't wait until I get to read it. So enlighten us: what do you do when you're in a reading slump?

I write or do photography. Though at the moment I doubt I’ll be I a reading slump. If I’m in a reading slump it’s because I can’t read because I am so busy!

Who would play you in a movie?

Honesly? I wouldn’t even be in a movie to begin with. I was never the kind of person to be center of attention. In HS I did technical theatre (basically all behind the scenes).

Tech people are cool! (I was one too, back in high school. Sort of.) Now what are some things you just LOVE to receive for presents? :)

Books of course, and anything photo related. Heck I don’t know even bookmarks make me happy.

Haha, oh bookmarks. And finally, tell us 2 things about yourself that can spark conversation. 

1. I am from Bulgaria.
2. I am an art major? Hahah I don’t know!

-

You may not know, but you're sure friendly and fun to talk to, Vania! I hope you all head over to her blog and drop a line (tell her I say hi, or poke her for me, or something), and don't forget to check out her mind-blowingly awesome City of Glass/Mortal Instruments trilogy celebration this week. (Check it: the possibility of winning great free stuff. Enough said.) Thanks, Vania! :)

(By the way, don't the Mortal Instruments covers look amazing side by side? I can't wait to get City of Glass--this weekend, perhaps??--so they can look fab together and get all cozy with one another on my bookshelf. Hehe.)

9 comments:

  1. City of Glass was sold out at FOUR bookstores here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview Vania! I didn't know you were from Bulgaria :)

    And I'm with you on the Hunger Games/MI love... amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, good choice of books there =) I can't wait to read City of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY SWEETIE!! thanks for the interview. it was really fun and I know you love my twitterholism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun interview! Bookmarks are still awesome presents, though bookmarks in books would be even better! ;) I am looking forward to seeing those fun interviews, Reverie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vania's blog totally rocks! Cute interview:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vania's a gem! She has so much personality, it's easy to feel like you've really made a friend, even online.

    And thank you SO much for showing my book cover.

    I <3 you guys!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. =D awwww *blushin* ^_^ hee hee i'm a gem... hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview, Steph! I love this feature on your blog. Off to visit Vania!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...